Chapter ten

Chapter ten:

After eating and getting freshened up, I waited for some clothes to change into. I was asked not leave this room until someone arrived to guide me elsewhere.

The tailor knocked in the door then walked in. He was holding a pile of clothes which I expected were mine. There wasn't anything very interesting about him except for the tools he carried on a belt around his waist and his medium-long black hair. He held out the clothes and I took them, thanking him, and walked over to the couch and set them down.

There was a piece of paper on the pile and I lifted it up and looked at the tailor,

"Is this mine too?"

"Yes." Was all he said and slipped out the door.

I unfolded the paper and on the piece of paper it read,

"Dear Princess, Adriel

I thought that you would rather wear something other than a dress from your choice of clothing that you have. Hope I did the right thing.

Alex"

I would have to thank him later. I pulled out some tan pants, alightweight forest green cotton shirt that tied at the top, and some brown boots that obviously had been used but were still in great shape. I took of what I was already wearing and put on the clothes from the couch.

After I put it on. I walked over to a mirror that hung on the walk and looked at how it fit. The pants fit very nicely and the top was only a little loose, but not much, and the boots fit perfectly.

I fixed my hair from the bun it was in and braided it to the side, looking more presentable. Just as I finished, a knock came from the door.

"Come in." I said turning toward the door.

The door creaked open and a young girls head peeked inside. She had sandy blonde hair with bright green eyes and freckles along her cheeks.

"Hello I am Loressa," She fully entered into the room,"I will be showing you around the castle."

"Okay."

She held the door open for me and closed it gently, then lightly skipped to my side.

"Aren't you kinda young to be a servant?" I asked and she blushed a little embarrassed.

"No, I'm only 17 that is a normal age for a servant anywhere. But I've only been here a fortnight since yesterday. The village I live at is a days travel from here and I'm still getting use to it though."

"What was the village called?" I was curious to know about this land.

"It was called, Aldoakme."

I could tell she missed that place, but I decided to change the subject, "What is this place that we are in now then?"

"This is called, Igriendale."

We became silent as we walked down twisting and turning hallways different than the ones I walked down yesterday.

I could see a door that lead outside, and we were headed straight for it. I could just feel the sun on my face now. As we walked out, it was some kind of garden of only flowers. None of these flowers looked like the ones back home but they were still beautiful.

It seemed like a maze as we walked through pathways of bushes leading to a small circular opening with a table set up in the middle. And the Queen sat in one of the two chairs fanning herself.

We stopped by the table and awkwardly waited.

"Sit child, make yourself comfortable. And you are dismissed." She said to me and then Loressa.

Loressa gave a quick curtesy and walked towards the way we came through.

I sat in the other white chair of vines it looked like, crafted to bend and curl to perfection. I looked at all of the treats on the table, too many to count all of the mysterious luxuries. But I was not very hungry.

I just sat there waiting for the Queen to say anything, something, but she just sat there focusing her gaze on me while I averted mine anywhere but her deciphering what I should do.

I took a deep breath and out of no where I looked her in the eye and started to speak,

"If I'm your daughter, then how come I have parents back in reality but now I'm here in wonderland? I don't even look like every one else, mostly because I don't have any relation here or whatever." I said slightly frustrated..

I realized how rude I sounded and started to apologize when the Queen raised her hand to stop me.

"No, it is alright. You must be very confused and I would like to explain some of the bigger pieces to this."

"Okay."

She smiled softly and looked down at her hands in her lap as she spoke, "It all started when I was married to your father, the King. He was a great man, and did everything in his power to bring peace into this land. We were happy, and he knew that I wanted a child. But one day a powerful Sorcerer came and said that our child would be taken from us, that he or she would one day bring great joy and destroy an evil tyrant, or bring massive destruction and side with him depending on the path they chose."

"What happened next?"

"Well, the king said this Sorcerer was foolish and bid him away thinking his words were to scare us so we wouldn't want an heir to the throne. Soon after that, we had you, Adriel."

Her lip trembled for a second but quickly disappeared,"Your Father adored you more than life itself, you grew and nothing happened, then you grew some more, yet nothing still happened. I had long forgotten those words one day as we decided to all celebrate your ninth birthday near the stables because you loved the horses. The stables were near the only open space besides the gate and a few other places but heavily guarded. You just blew out the candle when arrows started to rain on top of us and the alarm was sounded. Goblins and Markslins ( what were in her dream)were flooding inside and explosions were shooting off. Your father knew he had to protect you, so he sent me off on a horse with you to a secret passage as he ran to fight with the army. There leaders name is Lunstoff. He had his eyes peeled for something and I knew the Sorcerer spoke of a curse or prophecy at that exact moment and he was out for you."

The name Lunstoff flipped a switch in my mind as I remembered the old man in the road.

"As we road down through the woods, an explosion went off and I ended up under the horses body and you in front of me, I told you to run, run and never look back but that's when they got you. I never saw you again. Until now, right now."

"What happened to the King then?"

"Lunstoff was headed our way when your father stepped into the way and battled him to give us time. Unfortunately, Lunstoff was more powerful and cast an evil spell that turned him into statue." Her eyes glasses over as she looked back into the past.

"Is there anyway we can help him?"

"Yes, with the Canery stone. But it is in the deepest darkest cave of Lunstoffs unknown lair. No one has ever discovered it, but if they have, they haven't come back alive."

"Any way, Let us dine on some lunch. You must be famished."

A/N:

Sorry guys!! I have been on vacation so I just now had the time to update. Hope you like it and please vote or comment! Thxs!!