Chapter eleven

Chapter eleven:

I was shocked still even after the little chat I had with the Queen while I sat on my bed, still not allowed to leave the servant/guide said to me and placed two guards outside the door. Uughh.... I hate being locked up.

Well, since the door was unlocked and the guards took a break, plus I was SUPER bored, I placed pillows in the blankets on my bed to look like I was taking a nap under the covers before slipping out the door.

I felt like I was going in circles the whole time, until I wasn't going in circles but lost. Luckily, no one was around because then I would be locked up for sure. And I just didn't like being led around by strangers.

I heard voices from behind and when I looked, they were the guards who were posted at my door. I started to walk faster and turned the nearest corner only to run into someone.

"Oof!"

It was someone strong because they sent me straight onto my butt and then quickly pulled me up and on my feet.

"Are you okay, Lady Katelynn!?"

It was Alex. Of all people! He probably will send me straight back too my room.

Without thinking, I pushed him to the wall and held my hand over his mouth as the guards walked by and disappeared to busy talking to notice us.

"Thank goodness." I sighed to myself as I let go of Alex.

"What was that all about?"

"Let's just say that someone isn't going to be too happy when they come to check on me in my room."

"You snuck out!"

"No! I just walked out." I folded my arms for emphasis.

"Right. Give me the whole story."

"How do I know that I can trust you? For all I know, you could be spying for someone. Oh, pinky promise! Hold out you pinky finger like this." I held out the tiniest finger on my hand out for him to take.

"What are you doing?"

"Come on, who cares just do it if I can trust you."

"Fine." He took my pinky with his.

"Okay, those guards are posted at my door and they went on break so I wanted to leave and explore."

"Well now I'm going to take you back."

"Make me."

"Okay, that's easy." Alex grabbed me by the waist and threw me over his shoulder and started to walk down the hallway I came from.

"Put me down! You don't even now where my room is!" I was pounding my fist as hard as I could and using doing anything to get away. And all he did was laugh at me!

I finally broke free and used the time that he was shocked to get a head start. I started to run the same direction as before. I saw daylight in the hallway to my right and at the end was an open doorway that led who knows where.

"Lady Katelynn!"

"Call me Kate!" I called as he started to gain on me but I was still faster.

I reached the doorway and turned left to see the stables! I could hide in there maybe. I reached the doors and jumped inside. Alex just ran out of the door way and looked directly at the stables and walked towards them as I climbed up a pole to the top.

At the very top of the pole, was a little hole big enough for me too fit through. It was basically an attic up here. But there is no way to get up here unless you climb up like I did.

Ale  came in and I just watched as he looked around calling out, "Kate! Lady Kate, where are you?"

I couldn't help but snicker as he sat on a hay bale right beneath me as he gave up. He looked up and shook his head as he laughed.

"How did you get up there?"

All I did was smile and point to the wooden pole behind him.

"Will you please get down?" he made said defeated.

I gave him an unconvinced look as my face went red hanging upside down through the hole.

"I won't take you back to your room."

"Thank you." I climbed down and jumped at the last few feet, landing on the ground more gracefully than expected.

"Do you trust me?" He asked

"I guess. But what do we do now?"

"If you trust me, I'm going to take you back to your room. Then I'll come back and get you when no one is there, and we can go horseback riding."

"And if you don't come back to get me?" I needed to rub something in his face when he doesn't come get me.

"You get to...." he seemed stumped,"you get to choose what we do next time then."

"Fair enough. If there is a next time. Lets go."

****************************

We got to my room(it was weird how he knew where my room was)and explained to the guards that he was supposed to take me somewhere.It was probably only about three in the afternoon and I decided to actually take a nap to pass the time and so I could be more alert.

***************************

"Kate, are you awake?"

"What?"

"It's me Alex, we need to go now if you want to make it."

I sat up and rubbed my eyes adjusting to the light in the room. I stood and then stretched my arms and legs remembering that we needed to hurry because the guards could be back any minute.

I threw on my shoes and followed Alex through a shortcut to the stables. It was still pretty light out and he said that the horses were all ready on the side.

As we walked around to the side of the stables, there was only one horse and Alex was already on it.

"Where is my horse?"

"Well if we want to get there quick, we need to ride my trusty steed here Nathero."

"Why Nathero? I can just saddle a horse real quick." I asked approaching Nathero.

"Nathero is the most skilled horse for this trail and the only horse that has been on this trail."

Alex held his hand out for me as I stroked Nathero's mane on his neck. I placed my hand in Alex's and he pulled me on right behind him.

"So where is this 'trail' we are headed for?"

"It's a surprise." And then we were off.