CHAPTER 1

Chapter one:

" Run Adriel, we can't stay here! Go!"

"Mother I can't leave you!"

"I'm right behind you, don't worry. But trust me you will always remember who you are!"

"Yes, Mother." I whimpered tears in my eyes from the situation around that scared me.

I ran as told in the opposite direction of Mother and kept going. I heard footsteps and slowed thinking it was her, I felt her familiar hands pull me up onto her back and she ran at full speed trying to get as far away from home as possible.

Soon I was thrown from her and tumbled across the ground. I looked up to see her laying down as well and she groaned in pain. Her ankle was caught in a patch of  tangled roots that had come out of the ground. Her ankle was twisted, swollen,  and bulging in areas it shouldn't be.

"Adriel are you okay?" She asked and nodded scrambling over to her side.

"Mom, get up we need to go!" I cried pulling her sleeve but it was no use and she stayed in the same spot.

"Listen child, you must run as far as you can without me, find somebody who can help you and don't look back...ever!"

"No I can't Mom, please get up! Please!" I had tears streaming down my face scared to loose my mother.

She started to say something but my body was struck with fear and frozen as my eyes saw them coming straight for us; they advanced at incredible speed. All I could do was gape but Mother shoved me forward ordering me to run.

I shook off the curiosity and just like before I started to run as fast as my legs could carry me. It was no use and the foul creatures snatched me up and tossed me over one of their shoulders.

"Mom!" I screamed not seeing anything except the enemy, afraid I wouldn't ever see her again.

From the distance I could hear her voice one last time as I caught a glimpse of her face saying "Remember who you are!"

*************************************

I jolted awake I hair glued to my face from sweat and hot tears. I'd had this dream before and was sure it wasn't my last. The dream seemed to feel more real each time. These dreams haunted me every night I went to sleep but there was no explanation to them. I thought I would grow out of them but they have seem to have taken a home inside my subconscious. 

Peeling off the sheets, I dragged my legs over the of the of the bed and stood up.  I peeked open the blinds on my window to see that it was still early in the morning by the darkness and checked my clock to confirm it.

I went down stairs and decide to make breakfast for every one not wanting to go back to sleep, knowing the dreams would surround me again. I needed to get my mind off of it and cooking seemed to help. Pancakes called my name as my stomach grumbled for food. I pulled out the flour and eggs as well as some other things.  

"I haven't seen you up this early in a long time," said my mom wrapped in a pink robe over her gray t-shirt and dark flannel pants, "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine just a little bad dream that's all."

"Are you sure, Katelynn? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"You want to make your own breakfast?" I said sarcastically joking around.

"Okay okay, as long as I still get breakfast. But seriously, Katelynn. If anything is bothering you I'm always here for you." she snatched a piece of bacon and went back to her room.

"Okay, Mom. Thanks."

I didn't see either of my parents for the rest of the time I cooked until I told them it was ready.
I finished dishing out breakfast and we all ate in silence, nothing was really said except for a few words about plans for the day. Still, I enjoyed the quiet and it was the most peaceful time of day for me to relax. But the silence left me and my thoughts drift off to my dream that still lingered in my head.

Later, I cleaned up the table and set the dishes in the sink to wash and put away. Then I went to my room to get dressed and ready to meet a friend at the mall. Little did I know that this would be the last normal day of my life. Ever.