Chapter twenty six

Chapter twenty six:

Alex brought out two plates full of what looked like flapjacks, fruit, some sort of potatoes, and other foods I had never seen before.

"Food, is served." Alex said laying it out on the floor in front of us.

"I'm starving!" I said grabbing a plate and eating without another word.

We were close by the armory but not too close to disturb the other guards practicing there.

"I have a question I need you to answer ." I said after taking a bite of food.

"Ask away."

"How did you know where to find me?" I questioned.

He paused for a moment, deciding if it was alright to answer, and then looked me in the eyes as he said, "I learned your location from another kingdom not far away. They were the ones who knew exactly where you where."

"Oh, well then that's... interesting, I guess." I shrugged and put more food in my mouth knowing Loressa already told me that.

He chuckled as he looked away and continued, "Yes. That is where Rosetta and Maxton come from and Rosetta doesn't like to be instructed and can be quite a handful. But she can be very useful as well. "

"Cool..." A silence came over us as we continued to eat our breakfast.

"What was it like living where ever you did before you came here?" Alex asked changing the subject.

I started to talk about how I was very shy until I met Riane at an early age in elementary school and how she had a love for ductape(I had to explain to Alex what those things were), and all the things we did together and some of my favorite hobbies like reading and sports,(which again I had to explain to him) and all this other stuff which might have been abnormal to him compared to what his life was like.

"Seems like your life was pretty good then and not as horrible as the Queen had said, "She use to be happier and nicer too."

"I know, but let's not focus on that. Lets go work on our swordsmanship so I can kick you butt again." I teased standing up.

"You cheated! I won fair and square." he said jumping up.

"I wouldn't call 'falling on your butt' winning." I said matter-of-fact like.

"I will show you how it's done and you will be sorry." he said knocking a piece of food away off of my fork before I could put it in my mouth.

"Okay! That's it, no one messes with my food!" I declared standing up.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter but I really wanted to update before Christmas I'm so excited!!