CHAPTER 2

Chapter two:

I hopped into my old run-down truck that was loosing the paint job making it look polka-doted and drove to the mall to go and visit my best friend Camryn while she was on her shift. It really wasn't two friends hanging out at the mall, but more like me bugging her while she worked.

I left my car and walked through the parking lot and went inside the huge mall which included hundreds of tiny stores inside and a massive food court for  hungry shoppers.

I weaved myself through customers, realizing it was a bad idea to come on a Saturday, and reached the escalator where I rode up the the second floor to find the little craft shop where she worked.

The store Camryn worked at called "Cringles 'n' Crafts" was finally in view and I headed straight for it. It was known for their amazing craft creations and the classes you could take to learn how to do them. When I went inside, it was already full of customers and children running and giggling as they fought with toy swords and other knick-nacks you could buy.

"Hey Kate! Didn't think expect you to come around today. It's pretty packed." Camryn exclaimed as a burst of joy and excitement could be seen in her eyes.

"Yeah, but Clair wanted me to get out of the house because she said I looked pale and needed some sun." I replied in a sarcastically bored tone.

"Oh that Clair, always looking out for you!" and she then grabbed both of my cheeks like someone's grandma or aunt would do making us both laugh. She always played along with my sarcasm no matter how ridiculous.

We chatted and ate lunch at one of the tables in the food court while she was on her break. I hadn't talked to Camryn in a while since she moved further away and transferred schools so it was nice. Once she was off her break, we said our goodbyes and she went back to work and I headed to the library.

At the library I found a nice comfy chair and some books to read. I was there until about six thirty and remembered I needed to go the store to buy groceries for dinner so my mom didn't have to. Plus she made me if I was going to go see Camryn.