Chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen:

After I rejected Alex's kiss without him knowing in a NICE way , and made it to the castle after he had said there was danger near by, I walked the grounds of the castle not caring where I went because I just needed some air to clear my mind of what was going on.

First, they told me I was a Loyal Subject, then brought me through a magical portal, I had a picnic with Alex, but does he like me? he tried to KISS me! I don't know how in just one day he could like me even though we were supposedly best friends when little.

Not to forget the creepy Lund-whatever guy who wants to make me evil and my 'father' who turned to stone trying to keep me away from him. Ugh! why is this happening to me! I had family, friends, and a good life!

Wait, what will Riane do? she knows if I'm lying or not and she might try to find me! Crap Riane, why do she have to be so over protective of me! She's only a couple months older than me.

I laid down in an area of the woods that wasn't secluded by the castle gate and looked up at the trees and the little parts of the night sky showed through.

"Excuse me Lady Katelynn, but am I interrupting you at all?"

I jumped at the sudden presence of some one to find it was only Loressa.

"Geez Loressa, give me a heart attack why don't ya!" I laughed sitting up.

"Oh I am very sorry my Lady! Are you alright, can I get you anything?"

"It's sarcasm Loressa, I'm fine."

"Oh, thank goodness may I say that it is becoming late and you should not be out here alone?"

"You're right Loressa, it is getting late, and that's why you should stay out here with me." she seemed like a good person to be friends with.

"Only if you insist." but she couldn't supress the smile that escaped her lips.

Loressa was probably lonely coming here and leaving her friends and family behind. Kinda like what I did three days ago when I came here.

"So where was it you came from again Loressa?"

"Aldoakme." she smiled, but it was a sad smile.

"And can you tell me anything about it?"

"Well, it was a very beautiful valley with green grass and marvelous mountains in the distance, also it had little streams the children loved to play in when it was summer."

"Why did you come here then when it sounds like a wonderful place to be?"

"My family was low on money and the only thing we could do was for us to either all get more jobs or move out."

"So, do you have any siblings?"

"Yes, two. There is Maple and Borrug.

Maple is the youngest and she is eleven, while Borrug is fourteen and he is the middle child."

"I'm sorry Loressa that must he devastating to have to leave your family like that and hope for the best."

"It's alright. I am helping my family and we are getting to the point where we don't have to worry about something's anymore."

"I hope you do make it back to your family Loressa, but for now, let's go into the castle. it's getting a little chilly out here."

*************************************

A/N: sorry guys for the super long wait! I hope to update more often. thank you all for your reads and please vote and comment!