Chapter twenty nine

Chapter twent nine:

It had been almost two months and we still didn't have the chance to leave yet, but we were vey soon. I was with Loressa as she burst into the library as I was reading and threw my book down and pulled me out of there.

"Great News, Katelynn! Eeeek!" Loressa squealed dragging me around in no certain direction as we passed many different doors.

"What's so exciting that your all happy for?" I asked laughing at her childness.

"Oh nothing besides the fact I get to go see my family!" She exclaimed going even faster.

"Wait a second. You got permission?! How? Why? When!" This was great news for her and was just the thing she needed.

The excitement and happiness in her was flooding off in waves. But more like a tsunami. There was so much to do now.

"Well, there hasn't been very much to do around here and a message was delivered to me that gave me permission for a whole two weeks with them! I leave in two days."

Two days? We left in two days! And that was along the trail we were going on. That would help us get out of here easier and hopefully without suspicion. This most likely just made life ten times easier for us all.

"That's amazing, Loressa! I'm so happy for you and I'm glad you were able to have this opportunity. And I might just be able to go along with you as I'm heading that way as well." I hugged her real quick before pulling away.

"Thank you, Katelynn. You're my best friend no matter what," Loressa smiled before turning and waving, "but I got to go pack and so do you!"

"Okay then, Loressa. Bye." I waved back and headed back towards the way we came.

I honestly felt stupid for still not knowing my way around this castle yet as I wandered the halls. I looked for any sign that ring a bell in my mind. But every dang room looked the same and it frustrated me.

I would act like I knew what I was doing when I saw someone, too embarrassed to ask for any help or direction. Many failed to comprehend I was lost, even with my bad acting skills which surprised me.

I started to look for a door leading outside because I knew where to go when I was out there. I made a few more turns and eventually found and exit that lead to the garden.

I knew my way around now but there was only one problem. The garden was set up like a maze but with no map or any guidance. Well, this is gonna be lots of fun.

I took a left first because I needed to be on that side of the castle. Also I took a few turns going opposite sides each time. But I seemed to be getting anywhere but where I wanted to go.

It had been what seemed to have been an hour at least and I was for sure lost. I sat down in frustration trying to think of what to do. And as I looked around, I caught a glimpse of a part of a statue sticking out and I headed for it.

It took a few minutes but I made it to what seemed to be a circle shaped area and in the middle was the statue.

The statue was a man on a horse weapons drawn ready to attack, but as if frozen in mid-strike. I looked to the mans face and he wore a very well crafted crown on his head, but his face was very familiar.

I stepped back in shock as an image of a laughing man flashed in my mind and gasped. This man was the King. He was my father. I remember the Queen saying he was froze in battle by Lundstoff trying to protect me from him.

I walked near the statue again, looking closer at the details. I could see that I looked more like my father than my mother but I had her hair color even though I could not tell what color his hair was, but I guessed it was brown. I wish I knew what he was like. But this, seeing him immobile, fueled my passion into finding that stone for sure.

I walked around it seeing if there was any clue of some sort that could tell me something, but most likely there wasn't and it was practically a waste of time.

The was a snap of twigs behind and I snapped my head around to see Alex walking towards me.

"Don't tell me you have been looking at this for the past hour and a half." he laughed sitting in a bench nearby.

"I haven't." I simply replied.

"So you were lost."

"No I wasn't! I'm jus taking a nice long walk around the garden." I defended.

"Ok, so you didn't realize that the place is practically a maze and you were just walking around?" Alex smirked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yes..?" I said cringing and the fact I couldn't get out of this triumphant.

"Well then I suppose we end this walk and go back to the castle before dark hits?" He laughed standing up and started walking back from the direction he came from.

"I suppose." was all I said jogging to catch up with him.