CHAPTER 4

Chapter four:

"Give it back!" I laughed/groaned as the little boy I called my friend held my doll above his head out of my reach.

"Only if you can catch me!" He yelled and ran.

My tiny legs could only go so fast as we ran around the castle giggling. He was getting farther away and I was tired so I sat down in a big huff and gave up.

In front of me appeared my doll and I took it hugging it and saw the little boy had given up as well and brought it back.

I stood up and faced the boy while and poked him hard in the arm yelling, "You're it!"

He laughed and we both ran around once again tagging each other back and fourth. I was running from him once again and I saw two people watching us down the hall.

I stood there for a moment and the little boy ran into me with an 'oof' and fell over laughing.

I laughed to and looked back at the people with excitement and ran down the hallway.

"Daddy!" I giggled running into my Fathers arms as he lifted me into the air laughing and set me down.

The little boy came to and stood there next to me smiling and breathing heavily from our game of tag.

"I hope you two had fun but it's time for you two to say goodbye for tonight." My mother said smiling sweetly.

The two of us groaned and whined in protest but were cut short by my Father.

"Now none of that. If you two behave like this I can't give you your surprise tomorrow."

We perked up, wanting to know what surprise awaited us and happily said our goodbyes and as my parents and I walked away, I waved to the little boy and called out his name telling him goodbye. He waved back until his father appeared and lifted him on his shoulders to bring him home.

************************************

*beep-beep* *beep-beep* *beep-beep*

My alarm went off at 7 am the next morning and I raised my hand to shut off the beeping machine but I more smacked it and it fell of my dresser. I sat up and threw my legs over the edge of the bed and sat up rubbing my face to wake up.

I stood up and walked downstairs remembering that my parents were gone and pulled out some cereal and milk for breakfast.

For school I decided to wear a pair of jeans and a simple black t shirt with a gray cardigan. I left my hair down just brushing it. I walked back upstairs to grab my backpack when there was a knock at the door.

I raced down the stairs with my backpack on one shoulder and answered the door. It was my best friend Ander who I'd know for as long as ten years. He was wearing an unbuttoned blue flannel with some green and other colors with a black shirt and jeans.

"Hey Ander, wanna come inside?" I said pulling him in so I could keep the cool morning air away for a little longer.

"Thanks, not much of a choice but I figured I'd drop you off at school today 'cause you're parents are out of town." He said opening a kitchen cabinet and taking out a bagel.

"How'd you know they were gone?"

"Your Dad said that I was the only one allowed over and to make sure you don't have parties or any friends over." He laughed and I groaned in embarrassment that my Dad told Ander that. It's not like I had parties when they were here anyways, due to my unsocial life.