Chapter 13 Jealousy!

Alexis' POV
I ran all the way home, not because I was caught off guard by Kayden's approach, but because I had come to realize that such shock or over-excitement would cause a relapse of my nightmares. I struggled to breathe...well of course I did, I just happen to have ran approximately 4 kilometers. I usually would have waited for the bus but today I couldn't be that patient.

I gasped for air as I stepped inside the fenced compound of my home, tripping and falling, virtually dragging myself to the front porch as I stepped into the traditional farm like space which consisted of a swing, a shoe rack and several dirty gardening tools which meant my dad was home. Great!

I pushed open the door and ignored my brothers leaps that was attempts to hug me as he always did when I came home from school.

But unfortunately my hastiness was in vain as the sound of screams boomed through my ears and before I knew it I had collapsed in the walkway leading up to my room.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!
Louder and louder each time.

I was dragged from reality to a world I didn't know even existed or not. A hospital....cold and empty.....the smell of antiseptics filled the air making it irritating to breathe. A blur of figures....two young girls...a man......who were they?Where was I? How did I get here? Then NOTHING! SILENCE!

I felt cold water on my face and my eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the light that surrounded me I saw the hovering figures of my dad and mom, behind them stood Annabeth and Kyle.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
It was three in the morning when I was wide awake and telling Annabeth about my day and about yesterday. Kyle thankfully had gone to sleep.

"YOU DID WHAT!?" my sister screamed.
"Ssshhhhhh!" I growled and gave her a tap on her shoulder. I looked around to see if her screams had awoken anybody but fortunately it hadn't so we went back to our conversation. We were camping in my room and partying with mum's special cookies and blueberry pies at three in the morning. When I finished her face had the expression that said 'Alexis YOU ARE A BORING, PATHETIC AND STUPID GIRL!'

"But why did you run from there? At Least you should have stayed there and hear him out", she said.

"I know okay", I replied annoyingly. Of course I wanted to. "I would have but I knew what I was gonna get afterwards so I came home. I just saw the keychain and felt the rush of blood and I for once didn't want to faint in the middle of the corridor".

"So where's the keychain...and the note?" she asked. I gave her the note and when I reached for my bag for the keychain I remembered I didn't have it.

"Uh...oh...".

"What?"

"I don't have it". Then I slapped my forehead with my hand and shook my head at my stupidity....it was with Zaheen!
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Though no one had seen me 'taking off ' the way I did yesterday, I was still trying to dodge prying eyes. Somehow I managed to walk all the way to the floor where my locker was.

"Just a few more steps and it's my locker and from there it's just a short walk to class", I told myself assuringly. But just as I looked up towards my locker, I see Kayden standing there. Other times I would have been shy or maybe excited that he came to see me but today was the total opposite...why you ask! Well I'll tell you!

Kayden was standing with his hands against my locker, wearing a blue t-shirt and black skinnies, FLIRTING! With none other than the Maycomb High's head cheerleader and super annoying bitch of a socialite, Megan Giggles! It may seem like I'm saying that she's giggling but no...that's her name.

Oh was I fuming with anger right now....on one hand he says he likes me and then he goes and flirts with other hippies...but I'm Alexis Rogers, no one is better at hide and seek then me. Oh I mean pretending that is!

So without a care I walk up to them and stand right behind Kayden.

"Eh hmmm", I clear my throat to let them know of my arrival.
"Oh hey Alexis", said Kayden turning around. He let his hands slip from Megan's waist and take hold of her hand.
"Hy!" I said cheerfully and I could see his expression droop but he quickly hid it. "Uhh....that's my locker!"

"Oh sorry! I didn't realize that", he said as he moved away from my locker to the one next to it. Not once taking his eyes off me. Megan, however, kept her hands around his neck the whole time and at the sight of me, gave me weird and disgusted glances.

And the next thing I know they were kissing....his hand on her back and her hands on his shoulders! The more I looked at them from the corner of my eye the more passionately he would kiss her. Slowly his hands made their way to her blond hair as if to support her head from breaking off. Gosh! No one else paid attention to it that maybe because Megan had a play girl reputation....I know it's usually the guys who hold that rank but here it was Megan the bitch!

I had had enough of their romance so I took my books and shut my locker and with a uncaring expression I made my way to class.
🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟
Any idea why Kayden did that? Well more of this in the next chapter....so till then...
Plizzz...
READ 📳
VOTE
COMMENT 💬
SHARE 💌
PROMOTE 👤👥
💟 Ayat_Khan 🎶