Chapter 20 The Perfect Trap

Alexis POV
"Hey Alexis...Kayden was looking for you back at the lab", a boy yelled from across the corridor. I didn't know him but apparently he knew me so I turned my attention towards him from my locker. When he saw me listening to him, spoke again. "He said he'll wait for you there, he said it's important".

I nodded my understanding and turned back to what I was doing. "You do know he could be lying", came Zaheen's voice from beside me and I nodded.

Of all the people I knew it was a lie but if he was there I wanted to talk to him. It had been ages since we talked, I had so much work aka penalties piled up on me that I didn't have time to think about anything else. Sometimes I even forgot to have dinner.

"I have to go Zaheen", I said turning to my best friend with a sorrow look.

"I know but I'll come with you", she said in reply but I shook my head at her.

"No way if you get in trouble it'll be all my fault", I told her. "Besides its nothing I suppose". And with that I gathered my books and made my way to the lab to meet Kayden.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
[Science lab 1]
Alexis POV
I entered the science lab dreading every step I was taking. The cold air made a chill run down my spine like there was a ghost in the building. As I moved further towards the centre of the room, I felt my heart pound against my chest wall and my breathing getting heavier and rapid.

The floor screeched, it was like nails on a chalk board. Suddenly I felt a hand over my mouth and a strong grip on my hand twisting it behind my back like a criminal.

By instinct I reacted, blood pumping hard in my veins and the rush off adrenaline bringing back the memories of cadet training into focus. With that in mind i released my hand from my captors grip by dropping on the floor and with a somersault I was behind him with his hands in front of me and twisted to breaking point when I realized who it was.

KAYDEN!

"Oooouuuccchhhh!" he screamed. "Alexis what the hell are you doing".

"Oh sorry I thought you were someone else", I replied. "By the way why did you do that?"

I gave him a punch on the shoulder and he filched. "I thought you were someone else too, but I didn't give you a martial art stunt. How the hell did you know how to do that?" he asked while rubbing the spot I had punched him.

"I ...uhhh....."

I couldn't finish my sentence when there was a crashing sound in the room. It sounded like it came from the back, we exchanged knowing glances. Both of us walked towards the noise, making our way through the maze of shelves that led to the door at the back of the room. The Chemical Room!

Kayden rattled the door handle but no one was there, then he cautiously opened the door.

Cccccccchhhhhhhhooooooo!

Upon entering the room we found the window was broken and a stone lay on the floor. Kayden moved towards it when suddenly I crashed into him and we both were on the floor, me on top of him.

As we struggled to get back to our feet, there was a click heard which meant the door was locked. Kayden desperately tried to open the door but it won't budge so we had no choice but to wait for someone to come.

"Maybe this isn't such a bad thing, you know", Kayden remarked expectantly, however I glared at him. Someone obviously wanted us here and I didn't want to guess who.

After a while I felt cold to the bone for some reason. The AC in the room was controlled from the lab and right now it read 12 degrees. I was freezing to death when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Well, of course it was Kayden, there was no one else in the room.