Chapter 14 Feelings...

Alexis POV
The same trait continued for about a week. Though The Giggling's locker was at the end of the hall and Kayden's was on the floor below mine but somehow they always found the front of my locker to 'make out'.

Today was Friday, end of another week in high school. I was happy. Not because it was the weekend but because I would get a break from Kayden's romance....jealousy was taking the better of me.

But how could my day end without any memorable event nah!

So we were sitting in the computer lab and staring at the screen for something to happen. Honestly, our teacher was going on and on about visual effects and stuff that he made us do an exercise and wait for the result....and it had been 15 minutes already....any longer and I'm gonna need nerdy glasses to top my looks!

Anyways, as you know, Kayden and Rezial sit in front of Zaheen and me, so Rezial started conversation.

"Hy Alexis!" he said trying to grab my attention.
"Hy Rezial", I replied uninterestingly.
"You are going to the park today right?" he asked. "Coz if you are I need your help with something". He had this mischievous cum puppy look that it was near impossible to avoid him.
"Why what do you need?" I asked him. And all this while Kayden and Zaheen were busy clicking away not even curiosity took over them.
"Well, actually the thing is...", he began. "The thing is.....".
"Rezial, I don't think we have all day", I interrupted him.
"Well actually, Kayden is gonna propose to the girl he likes today and he wants his friends to be there, you know for support, in case she rejects him", he managed and in the end he elbowed Kayden and gave him a wink.

"Propose!?" I asked curiously, seeing their expressions turn to satisfaction I knew what they were up to. And Zaheen was with them.😢 "Isn't he quite late for that".
"I mean shouldn't he just go with the flow", I said chuckling. "Anyways I'll be there, see ya".
And with that I picked up my bag from the rack near the door and made my way out leaving the others with a surprised expression.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Kayden's POV
"What the hell!?" I yelled at Rezial.
We were on our way to the park and so far things weren't going as I had planned for them to go....well as Rezial had planned but he wasn't ready to admit that.

We were all standing under the big oak tree where we usually go for our group studies in the afternoons. And then the question I had been dreading came my way.

"So, where is she?" she asked. Yes, you guessed it...Alexis asked me that! What was I supposed to say... I looked at Rezial for help.

"Oh drat!" he said.
"What's wrong?" asked Alexis.
"Uhh nothing, it's just that we didn't tell her where exactly to come so she might be looking for us, I'll go get her okay", he said and motioned Zaheen to follow, by now Adam had also joined us and Rezial dragged him as well.
"Oh hold on, I'll come too", Alexis said as she moved closer to Zaheen And Rezial's retreating figures.
"Oh no you don't, you stay put and keep Kayden company and we'll be back". And without pausing for a reply they scurried off towards the bus bay.

The SILENCE! It was torture! Then I finally sought to break it.

Alexis POV
The silence was killing me but then I heard mumbles from behind me.
"Uhh Alex", he stuttered. I could see his shadow on the ground and it seemed like he was scratching the back of his head attempting to find words to say. "I wanted to tell you that today wasn't about anyone else but you".

I turned to face him. We were almost a feet away from each other. The old oak tree giving the much needed breeze, blowing my hair away from my face. The sunlight illuminating Kayden's nervous yet handsome features.

"Seesh! How do I put it?!" he mumbled to himself. Then somehow he seemed to muster the courage to say what he wanted to. He moved closer to where I was standing and with his intense grey eyes he stared at me till I looked up at him. "All I wanted to say today was that there isn't a girl who has ever been so special to me like the way you are. With your smile I feel like I could take on any challenge. The light that dances in your gorgeous eyes whenever you talk, makes me forget my deepest worries and just stare at them all day long. From the day I saw you to the day when we first danced together, there had been something that I couldn't describe, a feeling that only by your presence is complete".

He then did something that really surprised me. He was close, closer than before, his face just inches away from my own, is hands slowly made their way to meet mine and he brought them up to his chest. He laid my hands there and said. "I don't know what this is, my heart seems to beat only when I'm with you or I see you close to me. If this is what I think it is then I want you to know that..........I LOVE YOU!"

My eyes widened and I looked in his which were now glassy. His heart beat frantically under my hand and I could feel his body heat up when he said the he loved me.

"You what?" I mumbled softly.

"I LOVE YOU ALEXIS!" he repeated into my ears. It felt like music. The words I've been dying to hear for so long. "I came here today to tell you that I loved you with every breath that's in me. From the time I saw you and every day that followed I woke up with the hope that I would see you today and be with you even though I didn't know how you felt".

"I came here to tell you about my feelings for you....and I understand if you don't feel the same way....I just wanted to leave no room for regrets but I'll still wait for your answer", he said and with that he turned and started to walk in the opposite direction. I know I'm crazy but I didn't know what to do. So I said what I knew I had to.

"I love you too", I said but what came out of my mouth was a squeak....yupp a SQUEAK!

"What did you say?" he asked intriguingly.

"I....uhhh.....I also like you", I replied shyly.

"No not 'like' you said something else!"

"I said I love you too", I managed. And slowly looked up to see him grinning like Cheshire the cat. He moved closer to me and before I knew it he engulfed me into a tight hug. Ohh I had only imagined this and now it's really happening.

His hug was warm and cozy. Like cuddles on a cold winters night. His lips pressed against my forehead and his heart beating against mine was more happiness I could ever ask for. We broke from our hug and he kissed my cheek and pulled me closer to him. Honestly, I didn't want to let him go.

In a distance I hear a faint 'finally' and knew we weren't alone anymore, however we were too busy to see the witnesses of our love.
✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨
Okay so he finally proposes...but he's a sucker at venues don't you think... Let me know if anyone has any ideas for my other chapters!
Till then plizzz...
READ 📳
VOTE
COMMNET 💬
SHARE 💌
PROMOTE 👤👥
💟 Ayat_Khan 🎶