Chapter 3 A Promise

"What is the meaning of that? I didn't qualify! You said I was the best. You don't know how much effort I've put in this," I yelled in the Principal's office. It was a dull room, vaguely lit by a single lantern on the front wall where the window was. The rest of the office was executive like with a teak wood table, a executive chair and lots of files. I am a hundred percent certain that he didn't use any of them. He only used the trash can which was currently filled with pastry wrappers and pizza boxes.

"I know what I said, Ali," he screamed back in effort to calm me down.
"Don't call me Ali !!" I piped at him angrily.
"I thought you loved it when I called you that!" he said in reply. "Please explain something to your daughter Mr. Rogers. Its entirely the committees decision. I cannot do anything".
"Well you could do a lot when you had dinner at our place every second day. You could do a lot when my sister made pastry for you, couldn't you? Huh? Answer now! What happened?" I blasted off at him.

He sat there, wide eyed. I was so angry that I blabbered everything I knew about him and caught him off guard.

He was a stout old man with more skin than hair on his head and on that skin was at least half a gallon of oil. He always wore a suit with a bow tie like an elf. He wore his glasses on his nose and he always had a pastry or pizza in one hand and a blank paper in the other to show others he was busy with work.

"Don't mind her but she did say what I had come to say myself," replied my father.
It was true. When he left home I thought he was going to rip the principal's head off but it all went haywire. So much for enthusiasm. Those were the only words he had managed so far, except for 'Hello'.

"I told you already I can't do anything its all with the committee of which I'm not a part of," said the Principal. " I'm truly sorry but I can't help you".

Frustrated, I stormed out of the office and onto the lawn where I was greeted by dozens of goggly faces and the hot sun. Oh wait correction, the blazing hot sun.
I felt my head loosen up and even my hands couldn't keep it from drooping side to side. I struggled to move each step then I saw my dad running towards me I reached for him just as I lost my balance and consciousness and fell into his hands.

"AAAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAHHHAHA"
The scream again.

I jolted my father's arms and came back to life.
"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?"
I have been asking myself that from yeasterday.
"Take her to the doctor, Xander. She isn't feeling well I suppose," said the Principal.
"You really think so. Huh, I wonder why??" I said sarcastically.
"Come on Alex, lets go honey," came my father's voice along with his hand on my shoulders leading me towards the gate.

I brushed off his hand and strutted out the gate and on my way home. Yet again I wasn't able to change anything. But something bothered me and it wasn't Principal Howard, it was that scream. I heard it twice now and still didn't know what it meant.

Dear Buddy,
I know this may sound awkward but I can hear people scream. These people or person rather is no one that I know but I still hear her.Why?
Anyway thats not the only problem, the academy took away my dream and my ambitions. They didn't give me that scholarship to study in New York. 😢😕
So thats why I have made a decision, from today onwards I will never speak of cadet training, never go back to it or even think about it. I swear to make so much money that money itself loses its value and no other child is deprived of what I had been today because of money and status and influence that people are so proud of . I was robbed of my dream and I 'm not going to let someone else become Alex again. Thats my promise to you.
Of all the things I had accomplished I have decided to leave it all behind and move on to a normal, dedicated, boring, sucking, hilarious......wait what! Thats not it. What I meant was that now I will focus on high school and my family. No more being a hero business. Though I do think mum is planning for me to wear dresses to school. YUCK!! Thats sooooo not my cup of coffee....I know the idiom is of tea but I don't like tea.
There you go, thats final and with all the disappointments I've had in these past few days, I think this decision couldn't have come any sooner.
Thanx for listening...... Lots of Love 💛💙💜💚❤️
💖💞💕 Your dear friend
Alexis Rogers!!! xoxo

And with that I, Alexis Rogers, made a promise to myself never to look back at my past but make my future the best and be what I had always been...Myself!

I closed my journal and laid my hands on the rough semi-leather brown cover. I looked up from my study table outside the window to only to find the sun rising from the horizon and its golden rays spreading across the fields and the country side then slowly covering my table and illumianting my face as if to tell me that my destiny awaits to be unfolded and that a new life begins for me, Alexis Rogers.
✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨
Yooohooo...so no more cadet school for dear Alex.....
And yeah she writes a diary and mixes idioms too....oh she's a fan of chocolates! 🍫 Yummm! Who else shares her views? Let me know!
Plizz...
READ 📳
VOTE
COMMENT 💬
SHARE 💌
PROMOTE 👤👥
💟 Ayat_Khan 🎶