Chapter 8 The Unexpected Interrogation

Hy guys...thnx for reading my book...
This chapter is dedicated to AshleyManalili9 for her vote...😃 thnx a bunch!
And also to a great friend of mine whose name is used as the journal name coz like the journal, he's also a great listener...
✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟
Dear Buddy
My dreams are getting worse, or is it reality I don't know. I think its a sign, but to what I don't know that either.
Anyway, my life is still as boring as it was before. After Zakira's birthday embarrassment...yes thats right EMBARRASSMENT! After that there was nothing much to look forward to but school and finally the final exams were here and my hard work would be put to the test...like literally.
As for Kayden I think he too was confused about what had happened and just like me he was avoiding any and all collision, which I thought was good, the more distance we had between us the better.
Love...ppfftt....please Alexis Rogers never means to FALL in love EVER!
I just wish I knew what all those images meant and why I was getting them.
Well, after 6 months of the party, final exams at the corner I couldn't think think of anything else.
So that means I'll see you bit later then usual.
Byee....thnx for listening....
Lots of Love 💛💙💜💚❤️
💕💖Alexis Rogers💞
With that I put my Journal back to its hiding place inside the drawer behind my closet.
I had homework to do, assignments to complete and a exam to sit for.....for the love of chocolates.....Alexis get to work and I had no choice but to listen to my inner voices.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
SILENCE..... COMPLETE SILENCE
Aaarrggggghhhh!
Well for once I wasn't dreaming this was real but I just screamed inwardly because of the fact that that I was in the exam hall sitting for my final paper, MATHEMATICS! Gosh, seriously it had to this the last paper, it definitely gonna be the stopper in my winter break fun.

After what seemed like hours, well actually three hours to be exact, the examiner finally collected our paper and we were free to go. Stepping outside it felt like a hurricane blew through, with papers littered everywhere and people running around wishing everybody Merry Christmas and believe it or not they were singing carols in the middle of the corridor.

Laughter could be heard from every corner of the campus and they even dragged me into it and I stood there with Fiona, Zack, Adam, Dylan, Shane and Zakira swaying from side to side sing Christmas carols. That was so fun, only one person was missing and as I said that I felt a hand in my shoulder and it was the devil....oh sorry....Kayden!
His hair was the usual 'Neymar style' and his intense grey eyes looked straight into mine. His cheeks were pink from cold and the was literally freezing and shivering from the cold.

"Hy", he managed. "I just....", he started but couldn't finish as two executively dressed men pushed their way through the hoard of students and were right in front of us.
"Are you Alexis Rogers?" they asked me. Well duh! Who else!
"Yes ", I squeaked after a moment.
" I'm going to have to ask you to come with me ma'am", said one of them while the other looked as if he was keeping watch.
" Who are you?" I asked. Well you should have seen it coming buddy, it like the most obvious question in these situations.

" I'm Agent Maximilian Theron and this is Agent Rexilian Theron", pointing at the other guy. "We are sent by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to ask you and your family a few things please come with us", he said basically in one voice without a pause.
"Can I see your badges?"
He moved his Armani coat and revealed his golden badge along with his photo ID and from where I stood I also saw a gun in its holster strapped to his side inside his coat.
I gulped, quite hard actually.

" Okay, but I will walk by myself and you can follow me if you want", I said faking confidence. But all he did was smile and nod. He whispered to his partner and motioned for me to lead the way. I said goodbye to my friends and made my way home.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
"What are they talking about?" Kyle whined sitting on the bed in Annabeth's bedroom. We were cornered in her bedroom with two guards standing outside the door and two outside the window facing the backyard as if expecting a terrorist expedition to come any second.

I came home with the two agent only to find more at home already along with my parents and Kyle and Annabeth. An agent who introduced himself as Agent Bruce Wallace, took our parents in the kitchen and set for us a curfew in our own homes.
___________________________________________
Xander Rogers' POV
"Officer you need to understand, they cannot know about this, it'll crush them, please", I begged. Truly it had been ages since I had done so in front of someone.

"Officer we swore never will we mention this and we were given Mr. Richard Willams word that he would never mention tis to anyone", Vida explained about to cry. I put my hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

"Sorry officer we can't tell her this and you can't take her either", I said decisively.
"Sorry sir I am truly sorry to offend you", said Agent Wallace but I held up my hand to cut him off. I wasn't going to let him take my daughter from me.

"All we want is the file Commissioner Williams gave you that night at the hospital", he pressed on. "It had some valuable information in it and we need it now".
"Why did he give it to us in the first place? ", both Vida and I asked together.
"For safe keeping", Agent Wallace said frankly.

"Okay, we'll give it to you but promise that you will leave my house after that and never return for any reason. Is that clear?" I said getting up from my seat. I was shaking with anger. "Next time agent, I wouldn't be so polite even with the law!" I finished and waited for his response but he only nodded. I told Vida to get the brief case from the closet which had the file they wanted.

I dusted the briefcase of the dirt that accumulated on it for so many years. Honestly, I hadn't looked at what was inside it and never bothered to do so ever since we brought Alexis home from the hospital. I forgot the code so instead I used a screw-driver to pry the lock and opened it for them to see.

Agent Wallace stepped forward and took the briefcase to the counter nearby and examined the papers inside it while Vida and I went to check on the children.
Bruce Wallace POV
It was difficult to persuade them. Stupid country men, they had no idea who they were messing with.

Bruce Wallace never leaves empty handed.
The briefcase! He had it with him all these years and no one knew. I carefully searched the bag for the one thing that I came for. The thing that would make me the king of the most powerful law enforcement unit on earth.

"THERE! So it was real!", I said to myself and did a mental victory dance. "Now nothing can stop me.....", but my thoughts drifted off to Xander Rogers' warning and Alexis Rogers' intriguing attitude.

"No one said it was going to be easy, Bruce", I thought.
There it is. I lifted the yellow piece of paper that had a official FBI letterhead and following that a report of the most delightful news to my ears and a feast to my eyes.
SHE IS THE ONE! HE HID HER HERE, THAT NO-GOOD-PIECE OF SHIT!
🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟
Mystery and suspense...I think they mean the same!lol.
So what's with the twist? Well read on to find out!
Plizzz...
READ 📳
VOTE
COMMENT 💬
SHARE 💌
PROMOTE 👤👥
💟 Ayat_Khan 🎶