Chapter 5 Kiwi Smoothie

I was standing in line at the cafeteria waiting to order. We had an hour of break before next session of classes. After what seemed like forever, the attendant at the counter finally asked what I wanted, as always I wanted my favorite and that was smoothie so I told the attendant.

"One kiwi smoothie.....".
"One kiwi smoothie.....". Some people might ask why I repeated myself but I didn't it was someone else who spoke.
I turned to see who it was and found myself confronted with a familiar handsome and cute face....Kayden!
We stared at each other for sometime and our gaze only broke off when the attendant spoke.
"So, would that be one or two kiwi smoothies?" she asked. Both Kayden and I laughed and he told her that it would be two.
"I didn't know someone else also liked that", he said with a charming grin. "People call me weird coz I like things no one else does, lucky I'm not alone, eh!".

I just nodded and took the cup from the attendant, paid off for it and excused myself to find a table to have lunch, boy....I was starving.

I know, I know, stupid aren't? Who on this beautiful earth walks away from a cute good looking guy when he is interested in talking to her? Well a simple answer to a simple question.....me!

It had been two months since that day at the cafe. We ate and had lots of fun with the guys, they were funny but I couldn't help but notice the reactions of some people when I was treated as a friend by others. Their change in behavior told me that from the very next day. High school was going to get much worse.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Zakira's POV
"Whoa! It was so much fun wasn't it Shane?" I asked her when I went to drop her off at her place. "Heeeelllllloooooo!!!!!..........earth to Shane the great", I said clicking my fingers in front of her to get her attention. Yet she wasn't responding.

So I stepped on the breaks real hard which made her bump her head on the dash, hopefully waking her up.
"Hey, why did you do that?" Shane asked angrily, while constantly rubbing her forehead where a small bump appeared looking rather nasty.

"Why in the name of cupcakes aren't you responding at my words, love?" I asked her.
"Did you notice?" she said with a grim expression.
"Notice what?" I asked.
"That people like Alexis Rogers more then they liked me. I mean really.....she's a newbie stealing our spot light, Zaki!". "And I for once am not okay with it"'.
"What that's ridiculous!" I scoffed at her words. There was no way Alex could do such a thing, she was naive and easily manipulate.
"Don't pretend like you didn't see how she got so well with Adam," Shane said with an evil grin. She had touched a soft spot. Adam and I hadn't known each other for long, actually he came about the same time as Alex but I knew him better because he hangs out with my friends Kayden, Dylan and Zack.

I found him real cute and I starting liking him and eventually as it happens in most stories this liking turned into love....though it was one sided.....he didn't know about it. But as everyone does I also had someone who knew about my deepest darkest secrets and delights....but her identity was no secret at all, it was of course Shane. Thats how she succeeded in putting her point across very nicely and with a very good example.

After I dropped her off at her house and said good bye, I dwelled on the idea of Alexis courting Adam but it seemed entirely unreasonable, up until next morning.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
I woke up at the usual time, showered and stood out in front of my closet to pick out my clothes. A closet full of clothes and nothing good to wear.

"Mom, I'm going shopping today," I screamed to my mother Sally who was in the dining room having breakfast. A faint 'OK' came in reply. SERIOUSLY, we rich folks had to maintain our status big time.

After dressing up in a pair of floral skinnies and a Chinese collar pink top, I put on some make-up and gathered my stuff to finish the rest in school and went down for breakfast.

"Morning mom", I said as I approached the table.
"Morning honey", she replied with a warm smile. "Oh I almost forgot, Shane called, she said your not picking you phone".
"Oh really", I said as I put a piece of danish in my mouth and opened my phone to check. OMG!! Shane is sooooo gonna kill me...... 17 missed calls and 6 paragraph length messages and all of this morning. I didn't bother reading all so I just asked my mom.

"What did she say?"
"She said something about.....oh what was it I forgot," she started. Gosh I really hated when my mother forgot things.
"Oh get on with it mom!" I screamed at her.
"Ah I know.....she said something about Alex and Adam in the cafeteria at seven-thirty! I had no idea what it was so I told her you'll call back", she finally responded and left me shocked.

On that note I swallowed my danish and flew to my car, kick it start and speeding without the bother of a ticket towards school. Luckily I wasn't spotted by the police.
Ten minutes later I arrived at school and with the same acceleration I made my way to the cafeteria, dodging teachers, bumping students and literally trashing the corridor with books and papers....they weren't even mine.

Finally I reached the entrance but suddenly I was yanked beside the vending machine outside the cafeteria by someone. I turned to see who it was and boy was I glad, it was Shane.

From there I had a clear view of the whole room ahead of me and I didn't wait for Shane's gesture, I had spotted what I had rushed in to see.
BETRAYAL!
✨🌟💫🌟💫🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫
Hello...like what's the deal with Zakira getting hyped over wardrobe disasters??huh!
Anyway do you think Adam like Alexis or Zakira? Let me know!
Plizzz....
READ 📳
VOTE
COMMENT 💬
SHARE 💌
PROMOTE 👤👥
💟 Ayat_Khan 🎶