Chapter 12 Note and Challenges!

Kayden's POV
"The big wheel was awesome man,you should have tried it", Rezial raved on and on about yesterday. "Zaheen is awesome company". But suddenly he stopped talking and looked at me with a mischievous look. "You know I think something else had your utmost attention or was it a SOMEONE!" he said.

"What nooo, I don't know what you are talking about!" I said and walked quickly over to my friends.

"What were you doing at the carnival yesterday, Kayden?" came Zakira's voice. I turned to face her and Adam.

I shook hands with Adam and chuckled at the angry looking Zakira.

"Why? Were you looking for me?" I asked not interested in the answer.

"Well yes! Rezial told me you had assignments to do and that you can't go with us", she replied.
Ohh so Rezial was behind all this. Now I'm busted! Come on Kayden keep up that story.

"Uhh yeah we did but we finished early so we went to chill for a bit", I told her in monotone. She had no idea how I felt. Zakira was my best friend since Grade 1 yet I couldn't bring myself to tell her how much I liked Alexis.

Yesterday it was just, crazy like hell man! With the girl I have this huge crush on walking right in front of me and me being a JERK couldn't do anything except walk behind her and hope that she notices me. Yeah, I know it's usually the girls who do this sorta stuff but then there are guys like me! She has pure black hair like a raven's feathers, intense blue eyes but at times they are purple and green too. I remember her eyes from that day when we danced it was green but slowly it turned to yellow with a mixture of red as if she was holding herself back. But yesterday she was free, her hair was left open with a blue bow pin on her fringe and she was dressed in casual skinnies and top. She looked adorable.

"Oh shit!" I said out loud. That, just gained me weird looks from everyone around me, including Zakira and Shane.

"What's wrong?" Zakira asked.

"Nothing, I'm just late for class", I lied to them. I wasn't concerned about it. I just remembered that I had forgotten to actually give the keychain I had bought for Alexis to her. I rushed to her locker hoping to find only Zaheen so I can get the locker code.

"I'll see", I heard Adam say and before I knew it I was grabbed by the shirt into an empty classroom by Adam himself. What the hell! He was fast!

"What the hell man I getting late!" I literally screamed at him.

"Kayden Kahn late for class and he is worried about it", he pointed out calmly. "Not even an idiot will believe that. Tell me, what's up?"

"Oh okay!" I gave in knowing he won't let me go unless I tell him. "It's Alexis. I think I'm in love with her. Yesterday at the carnival I bought this keychain for her and forgot to give it to her so I was going over to see if I can find Zaheen to know her locker code when you grabbed me, you idiot!"

"What! That's IT?" he said in boredom. I gaped at him. Seriously he already has a girlfriend and I haven't even asked out the girl I like.

"Her locker code is 3024", he said calmly.

"Thanks, but how do you know that?" I asked. But he just shrugged at the question and walked out of the room leaving me in shock. Alexis! Right.

I found he corridor empty as I made my way to her locker, opened it and placed the gift box with the keychain in it and just as I was about to close the locker my eyes landed on an angelic face smiling at me, twinkling eyes and a smile worth dying for.....no,no it's not another girl, please! It was the same one, well in about a A5 size frame. Ohh silly me it was a picture of Alexis. I quickly checked the corridor for people and took out my phone and snapped a picture of the picture....uhhhh....yeah something like that. Then smiling at myself I headed for class.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Alexis POV
"Holy crap! This is like he whole years work for me", gasped Zaheen at the assignment that we received. Really I must say it was a lot and that too in MATHS! Algebra,geometry, calculus! Every word that we hated was our friend for the next three weeks.