Chapter 29 Warning

Tears are very strange
They fall when you are happy,
They fall when you are sad,
They fall when you are scared,
They fall when you are confused,
They even fall when you are alone...
Though salt and water they might just be...
Hey have the power to make hearts melt...
Seeing tears in someone's eyes we may feel
They have nothing better to do
But we only realize the true worth of tears
When we feel something for someone
We are afraid to lose!!!
**ARZK**
🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟
Alexis POV
"Alexis! Wait up. We need to talk", Fiona said as she and Zaheen followed me into the oracle newsroom.

"Why bother I know what you're gonna say", I replied without looking back.

"You can't print this". She was referring to the article I wrote on 'the lair' for the front page.

"I already did!" I said with a victorious smile while brandishing to her the final copy of the Oracle. The football boys finally made it to the front page from the sports section at the back.

"This could get messy you know", Fiona said.

"Well you were the one who took her there", Zaheen replied. "Besides from what she saw, I'd say she was lenient not to put that picture on the front page".

She made her way from her desk to the image wall. A picture of Kayden was stuck to the wall. That picture made me wanna throw up.

[Flashback]
I reached the last table between me and Adam and circled around it to confront him. But I couldn't for I had seen enough for my fair share.

"Kayden!"

My hands started to tremble and the pen and notebook I carried, dropped from my hands. Tears, that I didn't know we're there, fell freely soaking my cheeks in them. My heart pounded rapidly in my chest as if looking for a way to leap out. Kayden was standing right at the back, his back turned towards me and his face buried in the dark. It took a while for me to realize he was making out, with...

"Zakira!"

That's not possible.

He would never do that to me.

He would never make out with the one person who made our lives hell.

The one who didn't leave any effort to break us up!

But what I could see was enough for me to conclude that mine was the only life on the line.

To say I was angry would be an understatement. I turned around before they could see me, holding my tears, I stormed out of the place with Fiona on my tail.
[Flashback end]
Baaannnnggggg!

The newsroom door flew open and hit the shelf at the back causing my research materials to scatter all over the place.

"What the hell?!" we said in unison.

"You better have some good explanation for this Rogers!" Kayden shouted as he barged into the room. Funny, he never called me by my surname, like most popular kids do to the nerds.

"For what?" I asked in monotone.

"This!" he replied and stuck the Oracle in front of me.

"Oh you still read my work", I said sarcastically. "I'm flattered".

"Shut up bitch! I'm referring to the fact that you put my friends personal lives on the front page of your ridiculous excuse of a newspaper!"