Chapter 9 Hello Partner!

The year went quite quickly and soon it was the start of a new year with the same crowd....uuhhhggghhhh!
Zack, Fiona, Dylan, Adam, Kayden even Shane and Zakira were there.

24th of January- My birthday
Not really a grand occasion...maybe because it was the first day of the second year of high school. The usual buzz in the corridors, the cling and clang of high school was back in life...can't believe I'm saying this but I missed it all.
"Hy", a voice came from behind me that snapped me out of my day-dream. It was Kayden.

"Hy", I replied. I felt really uncomfortable around him from Zakira's birthday party. I didn't know why.
"Happy birthday!", he said aloud much to my surprise. How did he know?
"How did you know?" I asked him. Well like that was the most original question!
"Well, I....uhh....I just", he stuttered.
"Will you finish today or maybe not", I interrupted him.
"Heeeellllloooo guys!" screamed an awfully familiar voice. It was Rezial. He was new to the batch. A short cute guy with the most adorable dimples I had ever seen. He soon became friends with the group especially Kayden even though he joined nearly the end of the year.
"Hy Rezial", we replied.
He joined our conversation and we were soon chattering like a bunch of hippies and then we somehow realized that it was the start of the first period. So picking my books we made our way to our first lesson which was English....yeah!
I loved english and especially these teachers this year it was Mrs.Emma. One of my favorites.
I entered the
room which was already occupied with a bunch of noisy students and peered from the front to spot an empty seat and as it happened there was one right behind Kayden....well just my luck!

I made immense effort not to look at him when I took my seat beside a new girl.
"Hy", I said making conversation.
"Hy", she replied after a while.
"Is this seat taken?". What! I was just being polite.
"No, you can sit if you want", she replied shyly.
And with that approval I took my seat beside her and behind Kayden and Rezial.
"Sooo, whats your name?" came a voice making me jump. It was my neighbour.
"Oh....me....I'm Alexis Rogers", I told her. "You can call me Alex".
"What's yours?". Again the famous question.
"Zaheen Zibya".
"Pleased to meet you". My conversation came to a halt with Mrs. Emma started handing us invites for parent-teacher interview and also our grade distribution information booklet.

We were going to be reshuffled according to our final exam grade and the upcoming speed test results....great more exams! I wondered which group I'll be in. Little did I know who I would be with.

The results finally came and yeah I had A's all over place...what can I say....score one for the NEEERRRRDDDD!
Well apparently I wasn't the only one who was in that boat. The reshuffled batch-list was out and the first class was, guess what....yup it was ENGLISH!
When the bell went I made my way to the classroom, opened the door and stood there gaping. Like literally stood there with my mouth open until the scraping of the chair brought me back to reality.

KAYDEN was sitting right in the front with Rezial and Zaheen behind them....well she wasn't a surprise but the rest. I didn't know they were geniuses, if I do say so myself, I thought I would ditch them this year.

Well thats not happening but my class definitely is. So I quickly settled down in my seat and tried to pay attention to my teacher...thats right TRIED! There was no way I would be successful.

Mrs. Emma gave us an assignment to do in pairs and instead of us picking our partners she did it for us.

She called out the names and their partners..... " Clara and Cain", she said picking two chits from a glass bowl. "Daniel and Patricia, Sera and Maya, Zaheen and Rezial....", she droned on and I was thinking of the fact that Zaheen won't be my partner when she announced my name and with who.....take a wild guess......yupp...none other then KAYDEN!

"Oh nooooo", I groan and hide my comment just as quickly when I see him staring at me, grinning.
Why is he grinning? Oh for chocolates sake!
"Hello Partner, so where do you wanna meet for the assignment?" he said rather cheerfully.
"Uh...I don't know". Hell now I was speechless.
After what seemed like hours, the bell finally rang indicating end of class. Believe it or not I was the first person out the door with Zaheen hot on my heels.
🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟💫💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟
So to Alex's surprise Kayden is a genius too! But why is she so...annoyed by his presence?
Plizzzz....
READ 📳
VOTE
COMMENT 💬
SHARE 💌
PROMOTE 👤👥
💟 Ayat_Khan 🎶