Chapter 30 Why me?!

Alexis POV
School was turning out to be a torture for me. Sitting in a room with Kayden and his new interest was turning out to be more heart breaking and nerve wrecking than I had thought.

Other times I would wake up with the enthusiastic feeling of coming to school but today was the opposite.

I dragged myself out of bed to the sound of my mother's voice telling me that it was already 7.30.

I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. The reflection that stared at me was that of someone I didn't know. My eyes were swollen and red from crying all night. Dark circles were taking up most of the good features of my face.

I was feeling so bumped by everything that I didn't realize what it was actually doing to me. Dramatic weight loss, bleeding nose and constant headaches. I had even stopped talking to most people, unless absolutely necessary, and most of all I had not even smiled in a very long time.

What the hell was wrong with me?!

I was never like this!

Today would perhaps be the most dreaded day of my life. Same day last year was the happiest I had ever felt. Oh! You wanna know what I'm referring to? Well it's 25th July, my 'supposed' third anniversary.

I splashed water on my face to stop the tears stinging them from flowing down. The cold water made goosebumps appear.

"This is the last day I'm going to cry for him", I told myself. Without putting much thought into it, I showered and got ready for school.

It was past eight when I reached school. The first class was economics which meant I have a good start to the day with Hana Kahn my favorite teacher. By the way, there's no relation between her and Kayden. Totally different people.

"Alexis stop day dreaming, you're already late come in", came Mrs. Kahn's voice.

I smiled meekly then entered slowly.

"Is there anything wrong, Alexis?"

"No just woke up late sorry".

"Ok class let's finish the rest", she announced. "Alexis your presentation?"

I looked at her. She could tell I didn't know what she meant.

"Alexis your presentation on David Ricardo's theories".

Oh that!

I nodded and got up from my seat. I stood facing the class but for some reason the only faces I could see was that of Kayden and Zakira. Sitting right at the back of the room.

His eyes flickered and he looked up at me. His intense gaze boring into mine made me feel uneasy but at the same time relieved that at least he looks at me the way he did when he said he loved me.

I turned my attention back to my presentation and pretended that he wasn't even there.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Kayden POV
The smile I looked for every morning, the intense, usually purple eyes that searched for me whenever I was late or had been called somewhere, the soft touch of her hands and how adorable she looked when she talked to me were some things that she had replaced so marvelously that it was difficult to know whether she was the same person who had these qualities.

Alexis wasn't the same person I knew and loved. The anger in her eyes, the disgust in her tone when she was forced to talk to me.

The pain I saw when she looked at me at the start of her presentation would have been enough to set my heart squealing and screaming but today I found it amusing.