Chapter 6 Cousin! Cousin!

Alexis' POV
After the day at the cafeteria, I hadn't ran into Kayden or anyone for that matter. Strange!
Even Zakira and Shane were ignoring me, luckily Fiona kept me company along with her boyfriend Zack.

Quite a shock to me when I found out as well that these two had only met at the cafe cum water-war arena and two and a half months later they were dating. Well, surprising really what can I say I'm old school.

We spent most of our free time in the library where Zack would entertain us and we usually got scolded by the librarian for it.

I usually passed other friends of mine and even say hello to them but except for Zakira and Shane everyone else replied heartily. I seriously had no clue what was on their mind.

April 6th-Zakira's birthday, I knew this because she had planned this extravagant party at her house......wait sorry....her MANSION.
She send every living soul on the campus as invitation except me but honestly I had no interest on going.

As I was leaving school for home I felt a hand on my shoulder, only to turn and find Adam and his cheeky smiles right behind me.
"Hy,going home?" he asked innocently.
"Nah I was just planning to grab my stuff and camp on the lawn tonight!" I sarcastically responded.
He laughed and I joined in.
" Jeez...uh...Alex,I uh.....How to say this", he stuttered.
"How about using those lipstick glossed lips of yours,huh", I said.
"Oh hah....wait what lipstick glossed,huh,I don't wear lipstick", he whined. "Anyway, so I'm invited to Zakira's party and I'm sure so are you, so would you consider going with me, I hate going to parties alone".
"But Zakira didn't invite me", I told him.
I could tell that it left him speechless. The girl who claimed to be my best friend, didn't invite me well that definitely didn't struck a cord.
"You'll come with me please say yes! Please!Please! PLEASE!!" he begged. So in the end I gave in.
"Okay".
"YES!!!".
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Adam arrived at my place at sharp eight in the evening. MY GOD! He looked handsome,wearing a three piece charcoal suit, spiked hair and sterling silver cufflinks and he was carrying a bunch of blue orchids....my favorites.

I, on the other hand had pastored my sister to make a dress for me which after so many tantrums was looking gorgeous, if I do say so myself.

It was made of the same charcoal color as Adam's suit but had a shimmer look to it, floor length and a criss-cross back design not to mention it hugged my figure on all right places, I looked hot...well compliments to the designer which in this case was my lovable sister Annabeth.

As I stepped out the door giving Annabeth a hug, I could feel Adam's eyes going wide almost popping out.
"Hy!" I said seeing his expression. "Too dressy huh?"
He stood in front of the door gaping, his mouth formed a big O and his eyes were the size of golf balls.
"Heeeelloooo!" I said clicking my fingers in front of him to get his attention.
"Huh.....uhhhh.....what happened?" he asked snapping to reality.
"What happened to you?"
"Oh its just...uh....ummm.....you look gorgeous", he finally managed. Chuckling nervously as he opened the door of his car. It turned out that the sports car I was admiring at the cafe parking lot was his...truly amazing it was a cool car, man.

He was about to slip behind the wheel when my father stepped out of the house and stood crossing his arms in front of the door eyeing at Adam.

"Thank you sir for......", Adam started but couldn't quite finish as my father cut him off.
"Just bring Alexis back before midnight", he said sternly. "A minute later and you'll suffer the consequences". He clasped his hand with his fist to threaten Adam and that idiot believed it , I couldn't help but laugh at it.
And with that we were off to Zakira's place. I just waited for what happened there.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Adam's POV
With some courage I have to ask Alexis out to Zakira's place because thats the only way Zakira's going to treat people with respect, that rich brat. Alexis was a friend, how could Zakira even think I was dating Alexis, I loved her, for god sakes.