Chapter 4 New Friends

Tttttttrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnggggggg!!!!
"Ahhh, finally," I thought. I had been waiting like forever for that bell to go off.
It was the end of the first torturous week of high school at MayComb High. This was every bit the kind of place other kids would have loved but it didn't excite me as such.

So far I had only seen the science lab and the home economics lab and oh, not forgetting the computer laboratory. Yeah yeah I know only labs, labs, labs. Classes have been boring as usual everyday.

Take today for instance, I had maths in the morning along with english. In maths we had a pop quiz...well I'm not really a math fan but the quiz was easy... I say this because I was the only person who passed, I mean really, if I passed that must mean something was wrong. Anyway, then came english and my classmates were absolutely certain that I was a NERD!

Well, so far anyone who answered a question correctly or bothered to answer at all was a nerd. This meant that I either had to keep quiet or join in their extravaganza, and I usually chose the former.
My third class was home economics. That was interesting, glad I learnt something from Annabeth, cooking and cadets don't go together.
" WHAT ARE YOU DOING ALEX? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FORGET THAT REMEMBER!!"
Yeah right so back to home economics, here I found some friends, a group of crazy girls who called themselves 'Best Friends Forever' and I've got to say indeed they were some friends.

Fiona, Shane and Zakira, three girlfriends who loved each other very much though they did act odd every now and then. First day they spilled the teachers entire mug of cocoa and blamed it on the table that shook, honestly if the table was alive they would have been goners. But amongst all the mischief they were nice to everyone especially to me, they welcomed me as part of their group and made me feel much better then I was back at home. Zakira was one of them that reminded me of my best friend Harper Francis currently in New York.

"YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN ALEX! SNAP OUT OF IT STUPID GIRL!"

"Hey I'm not stupid," I said to myself, then laughed at it, I was talking to myself again.
Well I usually hang around with them but today the last class was computer which none of them took and me along with two other girls were accompanied with a bunch of hippie boys. The two girls, well, lets just say they weren't the ones who would hang around a nerd like me and I rather sit alone then with them or the boys. Thats why I was waiting for the bell to go so badly.

I rushed to my locker shoved my not-so-necessary books and took my homework books and headed for the main gate when someone grabbed my bag. It was Zakira.
"Hy lets grab a cuppa at the mall, what say?" she asked.
"I don't think thats such a good idea," I replied.
"What! Seriously? Cmon and you can meet my other friends".
"You have some more friends? Haven't I met all yet," I asked in disbelieve. Only reason because I had a hard time keeping one friend.
"No way its just the beginning my dear Alex, wait and see it gets bigger," she remarked.
"Okay but for a little while only".
"YES!". And she did a ballet twirl in the middle of the car park which apparently no one saw and she led me to her pink SUV which already accommodated the other two diva's. We drove to the mall and parked in the parking lot nearest to the cafe but instead of getting out of the car, we were waiting in it and I was bitterly biting back the urge to ask why but for some reason I just put that thought at the back of my mind.
"Alright girls lets move," Shane suddenly said but her voice was subtle and secretive kinda like a whisper in a war zone.

At once all of them were armed, and I do mean literally, they were carrying water guns. They got out and motioned me to follow.
As we did a black sports car passed us and we hid behind the SUV. After a while we saw four guys getting off the sports car, man that car was awesome!!!

Anyway as the guys approached our car we sank deeper into the shadows we were trying to hide in an empty car park in broad daylight....jeez....is it just me or does that sound like sheesh man CRAZY!!!!
When the boys were a good one feet away from our car the BFF's jumped behind them and declared war on them...water war....and by the time all their guns were empty the boys were soaking wet and not to mention colorful, because of the dye washing from their clothes. For a second I thought we were gone for good and I crept behind the car even more but after a while I heard laughter. HUH! WHAT WAS THAT?
I peeped from the side and saw everyone laughing and in minutes they were all hugging each other like old time buddies. 😳

"Hey they were the guys from school," I realized. Then I realized that they were Zakira's friends. Before I could gain control of myself someone yanked me from behind the car and into the open, I felt like a sitting duck in a shooting arena with every one looking at me. Seeing my discomfort Fiona came for my rescue.

"And this guys is our newest member Alex," she said motioning the boys and soon I was engulfed in wet hugs and shaky handshakes. Well so much for the rescue,thanks Fiona.
"These are our 'guy-friends'," said Fiona starting to introduce me to the four semi-dry boys. " This is Adam," she said pointing to a handsome skinny guy on the far right....truly he was cute and right now shivering. "This is Zack, our superman," she said to the guy beside Adam after which she winked at him.
Whats their story!!
"This, my dear Alex is our comedian Dylan and lastly our hero Kayden," she finished with the last two guys standing in line, wet and cold.

Dylan looked adorable but there was something about Kayden that was.....how to say it....different! Well whatever it was I brushed it off as quickly as I could.
"Okay enough of the meet and greet, lets eat," said Zakira breaking the commotion and grabbing my hand to lead me to the cafe but she suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned around to the boys.

"Oh and you might wanna change. I think the cafe staff may have hygiene issues with you lot, lol," she said giggling and hurriedly walked to the cafe before they could reply.
The five, previously dry-good looking- now multicolored clown like pansies stood in the parking lot scratching their head. Obviously thinking of a way to dry off. Poor things.

"I'll have a latte, Shane and Fiona,you'll take chocolate shake right?" asked Zakira when we found ourselves a table at the cuppa cafe.
"You know us too well babe," Fiona replied.
"Ok so one latte, two chocolate shakes, three mocha chinos, one large...no make it two large fries, three cheese and tomato sandwiches,five chocolate fondues and one kiwi smoothie," she told the waiter who hurriedly scribbled it on his notepad, he then both cautiously and curiously asked Zakira, "Would that be all ma'am?"
"Yes!" she replied curtly.
"But why are you ordering for Kayden, he isn't here yet," Shane said to Zakira.
"Am not, this is for Alex," Zakira replied.
"Hey that's funny I thought only Kayden liked kiwi smoothie," proclaimed Fiona and at that everyone's eyes zeroed in on me.
AWKWARD!!!
✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨
Sooo.... New friends huh! What do you think?
Kayden and Alexis both like kiwi smoothie! And Shane finds that annoying 😋
Plizzz...
READ 📳
VOTE
COMMENT 💬
SHARE 💌
PROMOTE 👤👥
💟 Ayat_Khan 🎶