Chapter 25 Are you cheating on me?

Alexis POV
"Alex, Alex wake up sweety".

"Uhh....Uhhh...."

"There we go come on up you get".

"What? Where? How did I get here?" I asked as I lifted myself for the bed in the nurses office. I felt the throbbing of my head and pain rushing through my veins.

"I carried you, you sorta passed out in the cafeteria and it looked like a concussion so I got you to the nurse", Mike explained. "Though I think it wasn't the counter that led to this".

"Why is that?" I asked him.

"What do you remember?"

"Just that I, or rather we were peeping over the counter and then I hit my head on it and passed out", I replied. "Why? Was there something else?"

"Actually, yeah you did hit your head, but before you passed out you said 'stop screaming' ", he said.

"Is that odd?" I asked.

"No, it just that no one was screaming and you were covered in cold sweat and your eyes were yellow".

"Oh..." That was all I managed when the doors burst open only to reveal Coach Ned and a very tense Kayden.

"You stay away from her!" he lashed out on Mike.

"Hey hey whoa....hold on there man!" Mike defended himself by holding his hands against Kayden.

"Kayden what are you doing?" I protested.

"You stay away from my girlfriend, you understand!" Kayden bellowed at Mike.

"Kayden he was just helping me", I piped in Mike's defense.

"Yeah I saw his help", Kayden remarked sarcastically. "He was all over you".

His last sentence made me feel uneasy. Despite the fact that I was unconscious, I felt the need to defend Mike. "Kayden how could you say something like that to someone who helped me to the nurse? Huh!"

"I don't care what he did", Kayden sounded angrier than ever. "But all I know is that I don't ever want to see you near my girlfriend ever again, don't forget that. You wouldn't like it when it happens again".

"Come on Alexis", he said and pulled me out of the room by the hand.

We were standing in the corridor when he said, "Alexis, I love you and respect you all the same. You have your friends and I have mine and I get that, I really do but please for my sake just as once stay away from Mike. I know he isn't good company to keep".

His eyes were swollen from holding back tears and his voice quivered. He was concerned about me but I had to stay away from him. If so much as a hint of suspicion arose around me, my neck would be like the yak, from Abraham's story.

I nodded and quickly turned away from him and briskly walked towards my next class.

"I'll call you tonight, make sure you answer", he shouted after me.

"Alexis Rogers, please report to the Assistant Principals office immediately".

Oh hell! I stopped dead in my tracks and with slump shoulders, I sigh. I take a glance at Kayden and see his eyes widen. I knew what was wrong. I turn back to my path and turn right instead of my usual left.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Kayden & Alexis Conversation
Kayden: LOVE...its strange how people can depend only on this word to tell a person how much they mean to them...LOVE...it has only four letters but speaks volumes...LOVE...a fantasy or passion, even the wisest and brightest can't tell...but since I'm neither, I'll stick with that...I LOVE YOU!