Chapter 24 New Year New Plan!

"So here's the deal dear what ever happened in the year should not reflect on this year, do I make myself clear?" the Principal said.

"Yes sir", I replied obediently.

"You do as you're told and we have no trouble, is that understood?"

"Yes sir".

"As a bonus we let you stay in all councils except the student council", Mrs. Nazra added. "You are being replaced by your assistant, rather you're being demoted, fair enough isn't it? After all you did, I think this is a very generous offer the school is giving you".

I didn't reply. What was I supposed to say; thank you for not kicking me out but instead making me an extra wheel that you can use whenever you like! Or maybe sorry because I didn't do what you assumed I did! Pfffttt!

We were in the Principals office. It was the start of the new year; 2014!

The first day I came which I was compelled to wasn't all that welcoming. Everyone was giving me 'the looks' and then the soccer coach comes up to me. "It's good to see you again Alexis", he said, smiling. And turned to go.

"Why did you call me back coach?" I shouted after him. I knew I wasn't gonna get a straight answer.

[Flashback]
Ttttrrrnnnggg! Ttttrrrrnnnnggg! Ttttrrrrrnnnnggg!
"I got it", shouted Annabeth as she ran to answer the phone. After the pleasantries she finally called out.

"Dad, it's Maycomb High's coach", she shouted.

Dad was in the farm and as upset as he was about his produce, he came to the phone, while taking his dirty gloves off and taking the receiver from Annabeth.

"Yello, Xander Rogers speaking", he said into it. "I'll put it on speaker coach just hold on". He said and pressed the speaker button. Something about the call intrigued me. So I went to the living room with my books pretending to study.

"Mr. Xander, how are things at the farm?" came coach Ned voice.

"I assume you haven't called in to ask about a bunch of weed you have hardly heard of coach", my dad replied gruffly.

"No I haven't actually", he admitted. "I called to talk about Alexis".

"What about her?"

"It has come to my attention that you want Alexis to go to another school next year, is it true?"

"Yes it is", my dad said. "Why? Is there a problem?"

"Yes. I think you shouldn't do that. Alexis is a good student and because of some issue she shouldn't leave her friends and her hard work. Plus if she does that then it will only send a message to her wrong doers that she was guilty. I request you please sir don't send her away we need a good student like her. The rest is up to you I believe you will make the right choice", he explained and hung up before dad could reply.

He put the receiver down and turned to me. "I must say he is very persuasive", dad said.

"So that means I have no choice but to go back to Maycomb High doesn't it?" I asked in monotone.

"He's right you know, hiding from the problem may not be the solution, on the contrary, if you go back it will mean you have done nothing wrong and you will stand up for that", my dad said and picked up his gloves to go back to work. Leaving me wondering.
[Flashback ends]
"Don't go away I need an answer", I shouted after him but he just smiled and walked away.