Chapter 17 Rare Bird

Zakira's POV
"Noticed anything out of the ordinary?" Shane asked as we made our way into the malls cafeteria for coffee. We were shopping for Fiona's birthday which was just days away, and as usual we are the only ones she is gonna spend it with.

"Noticed what?" I finally replied to her.

"Your 'boyfriend' is hanging around more with his so-called friends than with you, don't you think?" she said, quoting the term boyfriend. For some reason my best friend found it hard to believe that Adam actually loves me. Besides who wouldn't? I'm pretty, sexy, rich and popular. Every guys dream!

"Nah! He's just in need of some space that's all".

"Wellll ookkaaayy...if you say so", Shane remarked. "But don't you think that with Adam there, Kayden and Alexis are getting wayyyy to friendly".

"Yeah I did notice that", I said remembering the time when I saw Kayden and Alexis sitting with Fiona and Zack near the soccer field where the boys were gonna have their game. I could swear I saw them holding hands. Pfftt! Why should I bother!

"You're right you shouldn't. Except that he is your best friend since pre-school and the new girl is getting all his attention", Shane said as if reading my mind. But somewhere her words hit a nerve, hard!
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Alexis POV
The world seemed like it was spinning, vision was blurred and the walls seemed to be closing in on me. I was sitting on the last bench in arts class when I felt my insides saying they no longer wanted to be INSIDE.

I clenched her face and put my head on the desk. I knew this feeling. It happened when I had that weird dream. But today was nothing special...nor shocking. Then why??!!

I felt a hand on my back and looked up to see Kayden. I had forgotten about him during class even though he was sitting right beside me.

"Hy angel are you okay?" he asked curiously.

"I don't know. I think I should go home early today", I replied. This was the third last class of the day and I could have lasted in it but it was the party I was referring to. Oh right which party?! Well, it was Fiona's surprise birthday party we were throwing for her at her favorite club.

"Oh", he said quietly and looked a little sad but he quickly hid it, saying, "I'll take you to the doctor, get up the class is over".

I looked up and the class was really over and I didn't get a chance to complain as I was pulled by Kayden and led down to the parking lot.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Zakira's POV
We got out of the home economics lab smelling of freshly baked cookies. "Two more classes to go", I heard Shane saying. She was quite excited about Fiona's birthday party. According to Adam it was a surprise and it was organized by Kayden. I don't know why I just trusted him with things. If he was doing someth.....ufffff....ouch.

"Shane!!" I said rubbing my head vigorously. I hit her head on when she abruptly stopped in the middle of the corridor. And now instead of looking at me she was looking towards the parking lot which was obviously more interesting. (Note the sarcasm)

"What the hell girl!" I screamed again and this time she nudged me to look in her direction.

Kayden and Alexis! What the hell?!!? Where are they going?!

Despite millions of Shane's tantrums I still walked up to them before they could go away.

"Hellooooo where the hell are you taking her, Kayden?" I asked as I put my hand between the door, preventing him from closing it.

"Oh hey Zakira", he stuttered. He never stuttered in front of me, unless he's hiding something. "Uhh...Alexis is sick I'm just taking her to the doctor".

"Oh but why you she can go on her own. You have to be at Fiona's party, remember"

" I will be but right now Alexis is more important. I'll talk to you later", he said sternly and drove away without a second glance.

"I told you something is fishy", I heard Shane's voice, and looked to find her standing at a distance, observing things. I had to admit she was right.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Kayden's POV
I tapped my foot against the tiled floor so quickly I was afraid the tile was going to pop off but who could blame me, I was nervous like hell. It had been three hours since we arrived at Dr.Phillips clinic and so far the nurse had only told me that the doctor was taking a blood sample. After a little while longer I decided it was time to stop waiting and see what was going on.

I got up from my seat, put the magazine back where it was although I had not read it and made my way into the good doctors cabin/examination room.

"Hmm...ok....uh....hmmm", the doctor went on without registering my presence. Just then the door on the other side of the room opened and I saw Alexis walk in. She saw me and gave me a weak smile while pulling the sleeve of her shirt down. She looked so fragile and soft. I just wanted to hug her and hold her forever.

I cleared my throat to let the doctor know I was there.He looked up at me and gave me a confused look. "He's with me", came Alex's voice.

"The blood sample you wanted is here doctor", said the assistant coming in the room from the same door as Alex had.

"Yeah, okay, put that along side the others please and get me the x-Rays", he replied.

"Others and x-rays?!" I said confused. "How many are there?"

"Six blood tests and 8 x-Rays", Alexis said quietly. I looked at her in disbelieve. Furious I yelled at the doctor. "What he hell?!! What is wrong with her that you had to take so many samples?!"

"She is a rare case and I'M the doctor pal", he replied defensively.

"Okay sorry. But at least tel me what's wrong with her", I asked, this time calmly.

"She has rare symptoms that cannot point to any disease we have ever seen, she seems to have increased body temperature but it doesn't show on the thermometer. She can hold her breath for at least 15 minutes in water and her bones have tints of silver metal alloy on them that respond to electricity in the matter of control and vibration", he said showing me one of the x-Rays his assistant had brought.

"I AM NOT CRAZY!" came Alex's voice from behind and all heads in the room turned to look at her.

"No you're not my darling. Your just unique", replied the doctor and I nodded in agreement. "For now I think I'll study these and get back to you with a report in two days, what say?"

"Yeah that's fine but this thing isn't dangerous or anything is it?" I asked.

"No no it's just genetic I suppose", he said. "You're a very rare bird you know, but take care of her mister".

He was pointing at me and he had a questioning cum frowned look on his face that told me he meant business.

With that we returned to the party....I know you must be thinking that my girlfriend is sick and I take her to a party....pfffttt....it wasn't me she can be sooooo insistent and she looks adorable when she does that. Well it seems that Fiona's birthday was gonna be exciting.
✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫🌟
I know it's boring and short but pliz bear with me....
And Yoohoo Zakira is jealous....but what's with Alexis' strange symptoms?!
Stay tuned for more...
Plizzz...
READ 📳
VOTE
COMMENT 💬
SHARE 💌
PROMOTE 👤👥
💟 Ayat_Khan 🎶