Chapter 28 Holy Fudgecakes!?!

Pretending, it helps
Sometimes
But otherwise it's just leaving
A scar with every blow
It may hide from others
What we feel
But it cannot hide from us
The pain behind the smile
Fright behind the courage
Care behind the hatred
And tears behind the joy
Pretending destroys what we value the most
Because a weak heart is vulnerable and
Cares about that value
But it's broken, shattered and
Taken for granted
That when pretending isn't an option,
It's a necessity...
**ARZK**

🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟
Alexis POV
The days where you have nothing to look forward to were pretty dull and in my case it was utterly gruesome. I made a point not to look sad about the whole thing giving myself enough reason as to why that had to be.

At this point I must say, friends are never to be taken for granted. If it wasn't for Zaheen I would have never made it through my worst moments.

It had been months after Kayden and I broke up. He had started to hang more around his friends, which was a good thing considering the fact that he literally avoided them when he was with me.

I was stuck with more work as usual and Zaheen and I mostly hung around the library or the computer lab to do work, we hardly saw anyone much. Well at least I didn't, somehow Zaheen always found time to catch up with old friends. My bestie was incredible at multitasking.

Did I tell you we made a new friend too! I'm excited coz it's not often that Alexis Rogers makes new friends. Her name is Asheya, we call her Ash. She short for her age but she has an amazing voice, kinda like the politicians but in a good way.

So to take my mind off my ex I spent more time in the crib of friends, family and future...uhh I mean books and studies.

"Oh come on Alexis, you have to see this!".

That was Fiona. It had been four hours since she had been begging me to go with her to this place I didn't even know about yet she was persistent. I hadn't talked to Fi in a long time, except during exams. That was maybe because Zack and Fiona broke up and Kayden and I were their mutual friends and we didn't want to complicate things for them and us.

"I have work Fi!" I yelled at her.

"But you gotta come see this, it's like the dream story of any reporter", she continued to grovel.

When Kayden and I had were together, my commerce teacher picked our work as the most creative of all and with my journalistic instincts Zaheen, Asheya, Fiona and I took up the schools newspaper department, well it was actually the commerce departments initiative, we called it 'The Oracle', kinda cliche nah but it was the best we could come up with.

"Fine but you only have five minutes to prove your point otherwise you can handle the story on your own, is that clear?", I said.

"Yes ma'am!". She saluted me like an army brat and led the way pulling me behind her and I must say, I felt like a rag!
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Sticking around with Fiona you can never be certain what's around the next corner. She always has an ace up her sleeve. But right now that ace was looking more to me like the strip club which men go to when they are bored.

She led me down a corridor to which the entrance was in the school basement. I didn't even know the school had a basement. Jazz music filled the air along with screeching laughter.

There was something familiar about it. As we plunged deeper into the corridor the air began to go from frosty cold to mild warm. What it looked like from my end, it seemed like there was a room at the end of the corridor. Smoke, or rather fog filled the air as we ducked our way into the crowd of people.

It took me a while, let's face it I ain't the brightest build on the tree, I realized that the people in the room were none other then our school students, seniors mostly, and from the looks of it they seemed like couples, junkies, and all round bad boys and sassy-bitcy types. The question was what were they all doing here.

As we moved further along the path I saw a couple snogging, a group of hippies drinking and junkies smoking something that made my skin crawl at its mere sight. I turned to Fiona.

"What is this place Fi?"

"They call it the lair", she replied, making herself heard in the noise from the music that just picked up the pace. I think it was the Dj's idea of relaxing. She dragged me to the very end of the room where a door led outside in the football arena. "The football team found this place during a training session about a month ago and they have been holding a bash here every other night, there's drinking, smoking and making out, basically it's...".

"Everything Nazra and Aaria have forbidden from!" I finished for her. "But I don't get it won't we be the target if we print this on the first page? I mean it's not like someone is going to bother about not-so popular kids in a club even if it is right under their feet".

"Well maybe not but what if I tell you that not-so-popular are the ones running the school", she said giving me an evil grin and pointing to the dark corner.

I followed her gesture and strained to see what it was that grabbed Fiona's attention, and believe it or not, there was only one thing that came out of my mouth.

"Holy Fudgecakes!"

I AM NOT CRAVING FOR DESSERT!

This is what I say when shock overtakes me and trust me this time it hasn't only overtaken me but I'd be the living example of shock, walking talking shock machine.

"See I told ya!" Fiona replied to my comment, she was an inch away from raising her collar and feeling like James Bond for god sakes.

In the corner stood a few of the very familiar faces, from where I was standing, I could make out one in particular, Adam!

Okay so Adam broke up with Zakira and got in with the junkies, hmm explainable yet unreasonable. I inched closer to where he was standing, careful not to be spotted and very careful not to fall and break a leg.

As I drew closer and closer, I could make out all the faces. Most of them I knew especially Rezial and Adam.

I reached the last table between me and Adam and circled around it to confront him. But I couldn't for I had seen enough for my fair share.

"Kayden!"

My hands started to tremble and the pen and notebook I carried, dropped from my hands. Tears, that I didn't know we're there, fell freely soaking my cheeks in them. My heart pounded rapidly in my chest as if looking for a way to leap out. Kayden was standing right at the back, his back turned towards me and his face buried in the dark. It took a while for me to realize he was making out, with...
🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟
Guess who the mystery make-out buddy is?
I can tell it's short so sorry but plizzz don't forget...
READ 📳
VOTE
COMMENT 💬
SHARE 💌
PROMOTE 👤👥
💟 Ayat_khan 🎶