Chapter 26 Confrontation

People say love is life,
I say...
Love is an addiction
Once you're in love with someone
You can't let them go easily...
~ARZK~
🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟💫✨🌟
Alexis POV
"Alexis!"

I jumped from the sound just as I opened the door to my locker to get my books for my first class. It's the first morning after Kayden and I had our little spat. I focussed my attention on who had called me, it was Rezial and standing behind him was Adam.

"Hey guys how's is going", I said beaming at them like I do every morning.

Rezial held up his hand. "Save it missy, I know when you're faking it", he said harshly. "Kayden told us about the fight you had, and he also told us you broke up with him! Is that true?"

"Is that what he told you!" I retorted. "Well, you can tell him...."

"All I want to know is if that is true or not Alexis?!"

"Yes it is", I said without hesitation.

"You know I have never seen him so broken up about something, he cried when he told us what happened with you on the phone", he said, concerned. "You guys have so much in common, it's like you were meant for each other and you let yourself to believe something that may be a rumor or a rigged video, Alexis I know you love him, just talk to him please".

"I do love him Rez", I said choking on my tears. "But he doesn't trust me and no matter what I say it not going to make a difference, I don't care about Megan or Zakira, to hell with them, all I care about is Kayden but I can't be with him".

"Why not? What's stopping you?" Adam asked.

"My life!"

"What?!"

"If I go anywhere near him, I can lose everything I have, that's including my school life, my reputation and my family", I told him. I sounded so desperate even for myself. "I can't risk that, Adam, I owe them that much".

I turned back to my locker and took out of my books for computer class. I closed the door and locked it. Just as I turned to leave, out of the corner of my eye I saw Kayden at the end of the hall, looking in my direction. I knew he was looking at me but I couldn't help the urge to look behind me to see if there was anyone else, and to my surprise it was Zakira. Huh! Of course!

When I turned back, I came face to face with a face I was trying to avoid, Mike!

"Hey!" I said sheepishly.

"If I didn't know better I'd say you were avoiding me", he said.

"What?! No don't be silly", I said. Trying desperately to convince myself more than him.

"Going for class?" he asked sensing the need to change the subject.

"Yeah".
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
"Phhooooohhhh yeeeee, I did so much hard work at school today, can someone atleast give the poor girl a glass of water, please".

I came back from school, worn out like a rag, only to find everyone busy in their work. Dad was in the farm, mom was at work and Kyle was out playing. My sister on the other hand was MIA. So I let myself splat on the living room floor, arms and legs spread like a starfish, gasping for air.

The sound of heels grabbed my attention and I opened on eye to see who was tapping on my current resting place.

It was Annabeth. Dressed in a pink, white and golden strapless confetti dress that sparkled when she walked. It had a cluster of what looked like red gems middle of the upper part of the dress. Wow! I knew how beautiful my sister was but this is just incredible. If I knew better I'd say I must be drooling.

"Ooohhh lala senorita", I said, jolting up from my position. "Where are you off to?"

"I have a date with Zayn".

"Malik?!" I asked perking like a confused puppy.

"What! No, Harding!" she replied.

"Oh", I said. "And how come I was the last person to know, Huh?"

"Well given you spat with Kayden I didn't think my love life is something I best keep under the rock right now", she replied and I nodded. I knew she was right, given everything, I think I'm the last person who can give her any advice that concern the heart, except maybe tips on cardiac arrest.

The sound of horn tooting drew our attention to the door, I got up to open the door and found myself staring at a very gorgeous porche. I was gaping when its owner clicked his finger in front of me and I realized what I was doing.

My sister stepped outside to the waiting car, while her date opened the door. "Oh, I almost forgot, there's someone waiting for you at the barn. Be good okay!". With that they drove without a second glance.

Who on earth was waiting for me?
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Kayden POV
I let myself believe that I can live without ever having to look back at what I had lost but I couldn't. I hadn't even been 24 hours and I already felt like my heart had been stabbed. When I told Rezial and Adam about what happened, it was like reliving those moments of torture over and over again.

She broke up with me!

I felt a tear run down my cheek as I looked at the sun meeting with the sea in an everlasting bliss of radiance and solitude. From where I stood, it was magnificent. There was no other way to describe it.

I heard the creak of a door and footsteps approaching from behind me. I took a deep breath, ready to face my greatest challenge yet.

🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌟💫✨🌟
So is Alexis doing the right thing? Or should she drop the attitude and make up with Kayden?
Let me know!
Plizzz...
READ 📳
VOTE
COMMENT 💬
SHARE 💌
PROMOTE 👤👥
💟 Ayat_khan 🎶