tryouts

・゚:* time skip - tryouts *:・゚

Tryouts. The day I have been dreading for months. As I brushed my hair and put it into a low ponytail I looked in the mirror and grimaced at the ugly uniform, why was it that the so called "best house" had the ugliest colour combination known to man.

Once my hair was back I walked down into the common room to be met with a smiling Hermione.

"Why do you look so happy?" I asked.

"I think the question is why do you look so afraid...and green" she laughed.

"Oh fuck off I don't look green!" I shouted.

"Maybe more turquoise then" she giggled whilst I glared at her - unimpressed.

" Oh i'm sorry y/nn but you and Ron look terrible" I relaxed knowing that he was just as nervous as me.

"Thanks 'mione, you know that's why I love you. You're constantly boosting my ego, there is no opportunity to be humble around you" I groaned and rolled my eyes.

She laughed as she lifted from her seat, closed her book and grabbed my hand linking it with her arm.

"C'mon, you will be absolutely fine, I promise!" Hermione shouted.

As we walked the halls people from Gryffindor smiled at me and awkwardly patted me on the back. Honestly if I had they choice of studying for the rest of my life or going to this tryout I would choose studying. I don't even know why Harry forced me of all people to try out, i'm not even that good.

Me and 'mione met they doors of the great hall as they swung open, leaving a couple of people staring at us. I slipped away from 'moine and headed to the other side of the table, sitting down almost immediately once I reached my seat trying to hide the embarrassment of walking through the hall looking like an idiot.

"Harry i'm going to try out but honestly please just give the spot to someone else" I moaned Ron nodding along with me.

"Oh stop being so dramatic I've had him in my ear the whole morning I don't need two of you"

Me and Ron made eye contact as he swallowed harshly. I flashed him a smile in hopes that it would make at least one of us feel better. However, it only made his posture sharper.

"Y/nn you need to eat" Hermione moaned like a mother. I looked down at my plate and noticed the absence of food.

"I'm not hungry honestly" I argued weakly.

"Please eat, mum always says it's better to eat before quidditch" Ron squeaked. I looked up at him noticing his weak smile. He grabbed my plate and placed two eggs and a sausage on top of it so that the food was smiling. He handed the plate over to me as I shot him a weak smile.

・゚:* time skip - end of breakfast *:・゚

As we walked down to the pitch I walked close to Ron as to avoid McLaggen's gaze.

When we reached the pitch Harry explained the rules and how the tryouts were going to work. I turned to Ron and gave him a hug.

"Good luck Ron" I smiled.

"You too" he replied.

Just as I hugged Ron, McLaggen made his way over.

"No hug for me then? Come here we're all a team here" he boasted and forced his embrace upon me. However, the hug wasn't long lasting as Ron pounced onto him and dragged him off my body.

"Don't fucking touch her" he warned, in a slight whisper as Harry continued to explain the regulations.

"Oh sorry Weasley didn't realise your girlfriend wasn't allowed to hug her fellow teammate. What are you gonna do punch me?" he laughed knowing that Ron couldn't because of try outs.

Ron grunted and McLaggen walked away making sure to wink at me. I shuddered at this but continued to mount my broom, slowly making my way into the sky.

The score was now equal and it was the final score that was to decide who was going to be the new keeper. Ron or McLaggen.

The air was tense and I really wanted Ron to win this game, no way was I going to have a creep on the team. So I decided to speed the process up a bit, when I had control of the ball I started to fly towards McLaggen. God, karma was going to be so satisfying.

I readied the ball and hit it a little bit harder than McLaggen was expecting, cocky little shit. As the ball came flying towards him he was distracted and the bludger him directly in the stomach causing him to fly off of his broom and thud straight onto the floor.

Harry quickly flew down towards him as everyone else on the team followed suit. As I reached the ground me and Ron grinned at each other.

"You bitch! You bitch...my arm!" he yelped.

"Oh McLaggen! I'm so so sorry I didn't mean to!" I said faking my sympathy.

"You're gonna pay for this!" he screamed whilst lying on the floor, what a baby honestly. Harry fell off his broom higher than that and still managed to fight he-who-shall-not-be-named.

"What are you gonna do? Hit me?" I held up my hands defensively laughing at my words.

Harry helped McLaggen up and announced the try outs were finished. Me and Ron began walking up the hill towards school.

"You are such a bad-ass you know that" he grinned.

"Oh I know, but you know what this means" I elbowed him in the side.

"What?"

"You, the renowned Ronald Weasley are now the keeper for Gryffindor!" I squealed in excitement.

"Bloody hell, I am!" he stopped dead in his tracks at this realisation and picked me up. He span me around whilst jumping about smiling and laughing.

Whilst celebrating his new position I heard a person running up to us.

"Oh my god! y/n l/n you are amazing!" it was 'mione. I turned round and me and Ron grew quiet as he slipped me back down to the ground.

"Honestly someone needed to put that perv in his place" she shuddered.

I paused at this realising that I had made yet another enemy, this one being a little more scary however. Shit.