the necklace

Again. The same cold feeling I had now got used to. I didn't really go to breakfast anymore because I couldn't be bothered to see his stupid face.

It had been 4 days since he started acting stupid. I had debated wether to just talk to him and lift the weight of the whole situation from my shoulders. But I always snapped myself out of it and decided that if he was going to play the victim I was definitely not going to go out of my way to apologise.

・゚:* Ron's POV *: ・゚

Y/n hadn't been down for breakfast in a while, I did worry for her. Apparently she's felt sick these past few days, I suggested for me to go and see her but 'mione always shut that idea down.

I walked into the Great Hall and again no sign of her. I walked down the steps and realised my brothers were no where to be seen either...only Lavender.

I sighed and walked over to Harry and 'mione in hopes of sitting with them.

"Hi, please can I sit?" I asked shyly as 'mione stared me down and Harry did not look all that impressed.

"Sure" Harry said bluntly.

"Thanks" I smiled and sat down as they stared at me in a very judging manner - maybe I should've just sat with Lavender.

I nervously started fiddling with my necklace, this now seemed to be a habit of mine. I would fiddle with it a lot, when I was anxious, angry, concentrated almost every emotion. It seemed I had an attraction to it and it was comforting.

"You still wear the necklace she got you after what you did?" Hermione scoffed disapprovingly.

"Yeah? I got it for Christmas why wouldn't I?" I tried to sound as nice as possible, I did not want to be kicked off the table for the 500th time this week.

"Maybe because y/n got it for you?" Harry interjected and Hermione nodded.

"Oh, really? I thought it was mum?" I shrugged and Hermione stared at me suspiciously.

"God Ron are you really trying this hard? I get you want some attention but this...this is too far" Harry's hand slammed on the table and made me jump.

"Bloody hell Harry, just because I forgot about a stupid necklace doesn't mean i'm being difficult" I argued.

"I think you're being a bad friend and an even worse boyfriend right now - if I could even call you that right now. Seems y/n wants to know nothing of you" Harry jabbed.

"Well first off i'm no ones boyfriend and if y/n assumed that then that's on her. And second off i'm not the bad friend, if I remember it's you ignoring me" my voice raised a little and I could feel a couple of gryffindors eyes on me.

"I'm only ignoring you because you're acting like a child" Harry stood up and stared down towards my face.

I stood up in front of him and pushed at his chest.

"You think you're so much better than me don't you - always have" I was feeling pretty angry now.

"Yes I do Ron. I do think i'm better, because unlike you I wouldn't ignore a girl that I love" Harry pushed back now as I stumbled back a little.

"Well tell that to Ginny then" his face fell a little as he glanced over to my sister "see, not so much better than me now are you?" I smirked.