i told you so

It was my first day at work and I was officially an employee at the ministry of magic and the curse breaking area. It wasn't my dream job don't get me wrong but it was definitely better than working in a muggle coffee shop. At least old men didn't call me 'love' in the ministry.

As I got ready for my first day I styled my hair and slipped on the most formal outfit I could find. I settled for an old pair of dress pants and a turtleneck with a pair of silver brogues, I could never look too professional.

I ventured around the apartment for my wand before finding it resting next to an old picture. I lifted the frame off the side and brushed away the dust with the pad of my thumb. It was a photo of everyone graduating or more specifically my friends graduating. I scanned over the faces and laughed at the sight of our hairstyles, they were awful.

As I studied the people in the picture I noticed Ron and I stuck at the end of the group. He had a hand around my waist and was placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Dick..." I muttered before placing the picture back and grabbing my wand. I threw the powder down in my fireplace and soon found myself standing in the middle of the ministry of magic. However, this time it didn't seem so confusing, even if there were hundreds of people walking around blocking the signs.

As I weaved through the people I felt someone grab my wrist, I assumed it was the little old frail woman trying to once again guide me through the halls. But as I turned around I was shocked to see a ginger staring back at me.

"Bloody hell I forgot how fast you were" he groaned as he bit into a piece of toast.

"What are you doing here?" I asked frowning whilst snatching my wrist back from his grasp.

"I work here?" he smirked.

"I forgot how sarcastic you were," I groaned "and you know that's not what I meant"

"Wow, i've been back just over a week and i'm already getting your insults" he chuckled shoving the last mouthful of toast in his mouth. I didn't bother to reply and instead just tapped my foot against the marble floor waiting for an answer.

He wiped his mouth free of butter and began talking, surprisingly after swallowing his mouthful.

"Well they wanted us to stick together, because you know we are 'new'" he said.

"Anyone would think you've been working here all your life, I mean could you not at least have made a bit of effort?" I raised my eyebrows at his messily tucked shirt and tie that just hung around his neck. His hair looked as if he had just woken up, which given wasn't that much of a problem seeing as it did suit him awfully well.

"I woke up late" he rolled his eyes as I turned on my heel and headed for the elevator.

I pressed the button and stepped in, just as the doors began to close Ron slipped inside.

"We're supposed to stick together remember?" he groaned as he began to do up his tie.

"Oh I remember but I wasn't going to wait around for you" I smiled, satisfied.

"There it is!" he laughed as he tucked his shirt in.

"There's what?" I asked concerned as I scanned the elevator.

"A smile, I knew it was there shame it's always stuck in a frown when i'm around" he sniggered.

"Shame you're always around really" I shrugged as the elevator pinged and we were released. I walked over to the heads office before knocking lightly and waiting for a reply. Ron caught up to me as he readjusted his tie and cleared his throat.