tearful

As my eyes flickered opened I appreciated the sun shining through the window and casting a shadow of the outside in. It was warm and I felt fully rested for the first time in what felt like years.

As I observed my surroundings I noticed the blue cloth to the side of me and the bed that I was laying in was definitely not mine. It was hard and lumpy and the pillows were too high...I was in the hospital wing.

Just as I was about to ask someone for an explanation a skinny figure made herself known by pushing the blue cloth to the side.

"Dear, I don't know if you remember what happened but you were in an accident" she said quickly which I assumed was because she had other patients.

"You fell of your broom and as you can see" she pointed to my arm "a broken arm, so I've used a couple of fixing spells but you'll need to wear a cast for a little bit" I groaned in annoyance, I knew I shouldn't have played the bloody sport.

"Thank you Mrs Pomfrey, i'm sorry to be such a pain" I said extremely embarrassed at the thought of the whole school seeing me fall off my broom.

"Of course, now just rest" she quickly walked away to the other side of the curtain and began explaining to the person next to me that they had to use crutches, sucks to be them.

"But Mrs Pomfrey I can't use crutches! I can hardly walk on my own" I heard a voice protest.

"Weasley you will do as I say! If I remember correctly I am the nurse" she demanded.

Wait a second, Weasley? I got out of my bed instantly and pulled back the blue curtain. When I pulled it back it revealed a head of orange hair laying on the bed. His leg was elevated on a pillow and you could hear him groaning.

"What the bloody hell happened!" I shouted slightly laughing. As I shouted this Ron's head turned to meet mine and he weakly smiled.

"Miss l/n, what are you doing out of bed?" she inquired clearly unimpressed with me disobeying her instructions.

"Sorry Miss Pomfrey" I turned on my heel and head back to my bed.

I sat there for a little while until I heard the woman leaving. At this I sprung out of the bed and rushed over to Ron.

"What happened Ron?" I tried to hide my smile by biting my lip.

"I fell off my broom like a bloody idiot, I was trying to save you but obviously failed" he said this while pointing to his leg.

I burst out laughing at his stupidity. "My god Ron I can't believe you fell off too look at us!" I said still laughing, which he joined in with.

It then dawned on me, he tried to save me. Oh my god he tried to save me.

"Ron, you tried to save me" I said under my breath.

"Well yeah obviously, I wouldn't want you getting hurt. But turns out I can't even save you for gods sake" he said embarrassed.

I reached for his hand and kissed his knuckles that he had clearly grazed trying to help me.

"Thank you" I smiled.

He smiled back and I could tell he was blushing hard which ultimately led me to blush too. We started staring at each other and I noticed his cuts across his forehead which made me sad because I knew it was my fault.

"Y/n! Ron!" I heard someone call out as the doors to the hospital wing swung open.

"Excuse me Mrs.Granger but there are other people in this wing!"

"Oh yes i'm sorry Mrs Pomfrey, won't happen again!" Hermione promised.

She started to run towards Ron's bed along with two other figures trailing behind.

"Y/N! You're alive!" she shouted which led to a eye roll from Mrs Pomfrey. She pulled me into a hug as I realised the other two figures were in fact Harry and Ginny.

"Yes 'mione i'm alive but you're yelling again" I giggled.

"Oh yes, sorry about that" she giggled as well. I was pulled into a gentle hug from Harry and Ginny which was nice seeing as 'moine had crushed me.

"Mate honestly I've never seen someone look so pale!" Harry laughed.

"What?" I questioned.

"Did Ron not tell you?" Ron shot daggers towards him which he completely ignored "Superman over here passed out once you were gone, absolutely hilarious, if you were there you would have been laughing just as much as me!" I burst out into laughter at the thought of Ron passing out, but he himself did not find it as funny.

"Oh i'm sorry Ron, I love you really!" I dried my tears with my jumper until I felt a jab in my side.

"Ow" I said quietly as I turned my head to meet Hermione's. She raised her eyebrows at me and I brushed her off.

"Anyway y/nn i'm sorry but your parents can't make Christmas, they sent a letter to mum and you're staying at the burrow" Ginny explained awkwardly knowing that I was going to be upset.

"Oh okay cool, tell Molly thank you" I smiled weakly as I felt tears pricking my eyes. I haven't spent Christmas with my family for years, they're always 'too busy' or there's something more important than me.

I felt a tear escape my eye which I went to wipe away until I felt a hand graze my cheek for me. I looked up through my blurry vision and noticed Ron smiling up at me. He always knew how upset I would get about Christmas, I would tell him about how it felt like they didn't care and he would sit and listen.

・゚:* Ron's POV *:・゚

I disconnected away from the conversation that Hermione and Harry were having about quidditch as I had honestly had enough of that bloody sport.

As I turned to meet y/nn I noticed her eyes were filled with tears. Just as she went to cast away her tears from her cheek I reached towards her face and brushed them off for her. She looked up at me and I felt my heart melt at the sight.

She had always said how she thinks her parents don't want her around. They always seem to have something on when it's important and she hasn't seen them in ages. I couldn't relate to her situation as my family were always there but I listened to her every time because I care about her, god I care too much in fact.

I knew it was bad but I felt a sense of happiness knowing she would be there for Christmas again, because little did she know I appreciated her the most and Christmas without her was not the same.

ooohhhh saucy ;)
anyways I just wanted to say thank you again and thank you for the comments they literally make me so happy