the snitch

Me and Ron hadn't really talked much after the whole situation, it had been a couple of days after and he still hadn't come to me to talk. At one point I questioned whether I should go up to him and be the bigger person, but quickly reminded myself how much of a dick he acted.

Harry told me how much he cried at night, I did feel kind of bad about what I said but he didn't even listen to my side of the story. Hermione had spent more time with me lately because she knew I didn't have many other people to talk to as Harry stuck with Ron.

I had history of magic that morning which was currently my least favourite lesson seeing as I had to sit next to Ron. I also had quidditch practice in the afternoon which meant today was going to be extremely awkward.

Breakfast went as normal, Ron and Harry sat with us but Ron didn't make any effort for conversation with me. As I sat down in my seat at the back of the class I noticed a mop of ginger hair slump next to me.

I looked up towards him but his gaze was focused towards the front of the class, this led me to sigh loudly.

Ron turned his head to look at me "You alright?" he asked nonchalantly.

"Just perfect" I said sarcastically whilst smiling. He shifted in his seat realising how angry I was.

"Right okay" he nodded and refocused.

・゚:* time skip - quidditch practice *: ・゚

The rest of the lessons I had that day were pretty boring, but it was okay because I got to miss potions which made taking quidditch all worth it.

All of the Gryffindor team was standing on the pitch freezing at the harsh weather, as Harry called orders on what was going to happen in this match.

"Okay guys, all positions are going to be the same but i'm going to separate everyone into teams" he declared.

Harry began splitting us into teams, one team with Ron as the keeper and the other with McLaggen. I honestly don't think I want to be in either of the teams.

"And y/n you're with McLaggen," he cringed slightly and whispered in my ear "sorry about that, you don't have to play if you don't want to"

"No, it's fine Harry don't worry" I planted a fake smile on my face and headed into the air along with my team. Harry then blew the whistle and I instantly flew down to the ground to reach the quaffle which I successfully grabbed onto. I darted over to Ron's goals and batted the ball through the hoop. I heard McLaggen shout my name in triumph but my eyes were to glued onto Ron who seemed to be offended by my goal.

The match continued and I hit the quaffle in now and then, I must admit Ron is a good keeper, a lot better than McLaggen that had let almost every goal through.

It was nearing the end of practice and Ron's team was up by 10 points, all we needed to do was get this goal in. I had come into possession of the quaffle and raced towards the goals. Me and Ron made intense eye contact before I swung my broom back and hit the quaffle in. Ron looked quite mad but I could not care less.

We all flew down to the pitch as the match was now over.

"What do we do now Harry, it was a tie?" Ron asked, he was probably mad that I made the score which made it all the more satisfying.

"I'm not sure, maybe I could let the snitch go and two of you could race for it?" he shrugged "only if you want to though if not-"

"Yeah that sounds sick" I said cutting him off.

"Okay, so who wants to be the two seekers then?" he stared at the teams.

"I will" I said stepping forward as the rest of my team shied away. I don't know if it was the confidence of scoring a goal or a slight concussion but I really wanted to get that snitch.