consequences

I hadn't really seen 'mione or Harry all day, every time we weren't in lesson they would be somewhere else. Somewhere else without me.

I sat down for dinner on my own as I picked at my food I couldn't help my eyes move over to Ron. He seemed to have a bruise on his cheek, which at first made me sad but I assumed it was probably his fault.

He was sitting with Lavender opposite which made my jealously spark. I had assumed that we were broken up seeing as I hadn't spoken to my so called 'boyfriend' in over a week. I had no reason to be jealous he wasn't mine anymore and I wasn't his, but deep down I still wanted him to love me.

I finished dinner and walked out of the Great Hall as I walked past Ron's table we made eye contact. I hope I didn't look to desperate but it was hard when he looked so hot with a black eye.

I snapped out of this ridiculous trance he had over me and walked straight to the common room. When I entered I noticed how deserted it looked, seemed everyone had plans for the night. Great.

I walked up to my dorm and changed into my pyjamas not before having a shower though. I grabbed whatever book I had on my side table and walked down to the familiar sofa. I sat down and glanced down to the book I picked 'Advanced potion making', wow what an exciting teenager I was.

I opened the book and began to scan the pages, not without getting distracted every five seconds that was. I started to drift off slightly due to the warmth of the fire before I was interrupted by the portrait swinging open.

"Y/n!" 'mione said a little too enthusiastically for tired brain to appreciate.

"Hey 'mione" I said whilst tiredly smiling at Harry.

"Have you seen Ron anywhere?" Harry asked impatiently whilst tapping his foot onto the stone floor.

"Uh yeah he was in the Great Hall, I think he got into a fight as well" I slightly laughed before straightening myself out.

"Yeah weird that" Harry smiled awkwardly.

"Weird, seeing as you have bruised knuckles" I raised my eyebrow at him as he shifted about.

"Well okay, yeah I did...but in my defence he admitted my love for Ginny in front of the whole school"

"Yeah, okay that's fair, do you think he's taken some sort of potion to make him a prick or something?" I shook my head.

"I don't think there's a potion for that" she said thoughtfully.

"Yeah 'mione I k-" I glanced down to her hand and noticed it was gripping a spell book, more specifically a spell book about obliviation.

"Mione are you reading ahead already, bloody hell" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah" she coughed as her cheeks turned a light blush.

"And I assume you are too then Harry?" I questioned him as he nodded.

"Why are you two acting weird?" I asked skeptically as they just stared at one another.

They sighed and sat either side of me.

"Well we weren't going to tell you because it might be able to be fixed but I have a feeling someone has messed with Ron" 'mione admitted.

"Okay..." I nodded.

"Basically what she's trying to say is that someone has messed with his memories. We think he's been obliviated" Harry shrugged.

"What?" I raised from my seat and began pacing.

"See this is why we didn't want to tell you" Harry groaned.