second home

I had stayed in the hospital wing for what felt like years everyday felt the same and I had nothing to preoccupy myself with. Ron had visited every moment he could as he knew how bored I felt. Almost every time he seemed to remember something that was once obliviated, so truly it was a win win situation.

I was still weak but Madam Pomfrey said that if I kept it slow I could go back to lessons.

It was the morning that I had planned to get the fuck out of the annoyingly familiar walls and the obnoxiously bright lights, that would never fail to blind me everyday.

I sat in bed for a while until I threw the sheets to the side and swung my feet over the bed. I picked up the only shoes that were on the side and slipped them on. I don't know who's idea it was to bring me converse that had never ending laces, but it definitely wasn't me or 'mione.

I started to tie up my laces but, as predicted, I was struggling. I groaned out loud and hoenstly debated going bear foot, everyone would be in lessons anyway.

However, I was lucky enough to see my red head round the corner and walk over to my bed.

"Bloody hell let me help you" he said running over to where I sat struggling.

"I could do it if I tried" I said frustrated.

"Yeah, yeah just let me help you" he pleaded, but before I could even argue my side he had started to tie up my shoes.

"I think you'll be okay, give it a week" he nodded a lot more enthusiastic than me.

"What do you mean i'm stronger than you" I raised my eyes as he shook his head.

"Sure you are, now let's get you out of this hell hole" he shuddered at his familiarity with the hospital wing.

"Okay but you might have to help me" I groaned as I got to my feet slightly shaking, I hadn't really stood up since the injury.

"I thought you were stronger than me?" he smirked.

"Piss off and help me" I stared as he grabbed my waist and led me out of the wing.

"Thanks Madam Pomfrey" I smiled as Ron opened the doors.

Instantly the noise of the corridors rang in my ears and I cringed.

"I thought it was lesson time?" I looked up at Ron who was smiling.

"Y/nn everyones going home tomorrow, for spring" he said matter of factly, a little shocked that I didn't realise.

"Bloody hell I knew I was in that hospital wing forever" I laughed.

"Yeah you're staying with us" he smirked and raised his eyebrows.

"What if I say no?" I tested him as he pouted.

"Well i'll just leave you in there with Madam Pomfrey" he grinned sarcastically.

"Nevermind!" I shouted as we weaved through the crowds of students, everyone taking a bit more care when walking past me.

"So are my parents busy once again or do they just not love me?" I questioned in a joking manner, but deep down I was hoping it wasn't the first answer.

"They said they were busy but if you really needed them to come down they would" he said awkwardly.

"Wow my family are the biggest dicks i've ever met, I was literally in hospital for days and they couldn't be bothered to take just one trip down to see me" I rolled my eyes, suddenly anger overpowering the sadness.

"No don't think like that, i'm sure they wanted to" he smiled trying to lift my spirits.

"Whatever they're assholes i'm happy to stay with you though, even if i'm injured every time I stay" I rolled my eyes playfully as the portrait swung open and I was greeted with the pleasant christmassy smell of the gryffindor common room.