boo

As everyone continued cheering I felt my heart drop, why was he coming back now. What changed? Has something happened?

"Are you alright dear?" Molly asked across the joyful family of hers.

"Oh yes i'm fine, I can't wait" I lied straight through my teeth. First off I most definitely was not fine and second off I could wait for him to come back in fact I could wait quite a while.

"Well okay he'll be here soon" she grinned.

"What today, he's coming now?"

"Yes i'm sure Arthur said around 9:00, shouldn't be much longer at all" she nodded.

I turned around to see the clock read 8:45 and Ron's face slowly getting closer to the burrow. It was then I made a decision that I would most certainly regret tomorrow.

"I've just remembered I have to go!" I shouted across the table.

"Boo, you whore" Ginny groaned and I let a chuckle slip from my mouth.

"You need to stop watching so much TV Gin your eyes will go square" I shook my head disapprovingly as she just laughed.

"Is that a thing, I didn't realise muggle inventions could be so dangerous" Arthur tutted.

"No dad...nevermind" Ginny murmured.

"Well okay then dear but you'll miss Ron, are you sure you don't want to stay just to say hello?" Molly said almost pleading for a reunion between us two.

"I forgot that I planned to meet a friend" I nodded before standing up from the table.

"At this time?" George nudged knowingly.

"Yes, we're night owls us two" I blushed, I was probably the worst liar to ever exist.

"Sure it's not because of lover boy?" Fred teased as I just walked towards the living room - everyone following behind.

"It's nothing to do with Ron, not everything is about him" I rolled my eyes at the twins as I hugged the Weasley family goodbye.

"Thank you for the dinner Molly it was amazing, and I hope to see you soon Arthur" I smiled before grabbing a handful of green powder and beginning to throw it down.

However, just as I began to speak my address a thick black cloud appeared from the fire place and I began coughing profusely.

The smoke cleared from the fireplace but still left my lungs coated.

"Bloody hell y/nn-" he stammered "y/n are you okay?" his voice still just as smooth as I remember it, why did he make it so hard to hate him.

"I'm fine" I said still trying to clear my throat of the dust.

"Ronald my boy!" Arthur shouted as Ron stepped forward and embraced his family. I watched in awe as I recollected the memories in the burrow when all of us were young and I didn't have to worry about going home to an empty apartment.

I opened my eyes and began to dust myself off, my favourite shoes were now, if possible, even more ruined.

"Y/n what are you doing here?" Ron asked as I looked up from my clothes and locked eyes with him. I'm not sure if he felt the flood of emotions that I did but I definitely felt them.

"Oh, I came for dinner but i'm going now!" I said cheerily before beginning to throw the powder once again.

"Y/n wait!" Ron yelled as he ran forward and grabbed the arm I was using - could a girl not apparate in peace?

"Yes Ronald?" I moaned.

"Ronald? When did our relationship become so formal?" he chuckled.

"There isn't any relationship between us" I interjected.