dinner

・゚:* 5 years later - left Hogwarts *:・゚

As I waited for the kettle to boil I walked around the apartment that I was lucky enough to rent and watered the many plants Neville had gifted me - he said they were a "new home" present even if the present was impossible to care for and overall rather annoying, still the thought was there.

As I watched the train rattle past the frost window I was brought back to the fond memories of Hogwarts and mostly my friends.

Ginny and Harry were still happy together even after a couple of big arguments, which would always end in Ginny staying over here and crying on my shoulder before apparating back and making up with him the next minute.

Luna and Hermione were still just as smitten as they were in school and were even talking about marriage. I would catch up with them now and then over a coffee as they snuggled up to one another in the cafe - yes I was happy for them but I couldn't help but feel jealous.

And me and Ron well that was no longer a thing anymore. He had moved for Romania to work with Charlie. We tried long distance for a while in fact we tried for nearly a whole year before finally just deciding it wasn't worth it.

We had tried apparating to one another and flight but it was extremely tiring for both of us and it seemed that after a while visits became less frequent and both of us weren't putting in the effort needed for our relationship to work.

I had tried flings with other people but nothing ever felt the same - I know it sounds cliche but our love was different and in some way I still miss him.

Just as I was getting caught up in my thoughts watering the shrivelfig that was in fact very shrivelled and dead the kettle whistled. I ran over to the boiling water and poured myself a tea before deciding on the outfit I was going to wear for my interview at the ministry of magic.

After a while I finally decided on a red pantsuit, Ron always said it complimented my h/c hair but that's not why I chose it of course it was just the one that spoke to me the most.

As I slipped on the suit and stepped into the black heels that were far too fancy for me I took a glance in the mirror. Shit I looked good.

I walked out of my room before taking a large gulp from my tea, which was instantly spit back into the mug.

"Cold..." I grimaced. But quickly threw the mug to the side and picked up some of the green powder kept at the side of my cobweb infested fireplace. As I casted the powder down onto the floor I yelled for the ministry of magic and closed my eyes shut.

I felt my surroundings change and the sudden sound of people shuffling around me. As I opened my eyes I saw the perfectly polished tiles that spread across the floor. Although the dark colour of the interior would make you think it was dreary the lively atmosphere seemed to brighten the drab aesthetic. It was nowhere near what I expected I guess it had changed a lot these past few years.

As I looked around I tried to figure where exactly I was supposed to be going, and the cryptic signs nailed above every door didn't exactly help my mission. I was about to ask the front desk when I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to see a rather timid looking woman, she was small and had ratty hair that barely reached her shoulders.

"Hello sorry to interrupt but are you Mrs.l/n?" she asked whilst taking notes upon her clipboard.

"Oh it's Miss.l/n," I laughed as she blushed slightly "but yes that's me" I smiled.

"Oh sorry Miss I just assumed because of the ring, sorry" she squirmed as I looked down at the ring that had found itself on my middle finger for the past 3 years.