cursed

・゚:* time skip - 4 months *:・゚

After working at the ministry for a while I realised how good I was good at the job. Ron and I were actually turning out to be quite a good team and after threatening him with Molly he really stepped up his game.

We were closer to breaking a curse everyday and boy did we get a lot of praise. Not only was the head impressed but we would constantly be getting flowers from Gringotts about how grateful they were.

As I made my way over to the elevator with a flask of tea in hand and a bagel in the other I appreciated the halloween decorations scattered around the entrance - even if the death eater decorations did seem a little insensitive.

As I reached the lift I groaned, why did the world already have to challenge me. I spun round as I tried to press the button with my elbow, I stood there for a while trying to push the button until someone ran over.

"Need some help?" he asked.

"It would be lovely" I rolled my eyes playfully as he walked over and pushed the button for me.

The elevator pinged as we stepped inside.

"Why didn't you just use your wand" he chuckled as my eyes widened.

"Shit my wand" I panicked as I showed my bagel into his hands. I searched my shoes for my wand, my socks and even my pocket.

"I can't believe i've left my bloody wand at home, how stupid do you have to be to leave the one thing you need at home" I sighed as he reached over.

I felt my hair fall onto my back as he pulled out my wand from my hair.

"Obviously not as stupid as you think" he smiled as I grabbed my wand and slipped it in my sock.

"You genius" I smiled as I reached for my bagel.

He passed it over as I glared down at the half eaten piece of bread.

"What the bloody hell is this?" I asked as I held the bagel between my fingers and moved it in front of his face.

"Payment" he shrugged as he stepped out of the lift and headed for the office. I ran after to him as my tea sloshed about in the flask.

"Someone's in a rush" I nudged as he burst into the office, immediately taking a seat.

"Did you not hear?" he furrowed his brows as I fell into my chair.

"Hear what?" I took a bite from my breakfast.

"We have a meeting today" he stared at me as I shot him a confused look.

"Okay? We literally have one every week" I laughed.

"It's just us two y/nn" he said his tone more serious.

I straightened in my seat as my eyes widened.

"Oh shit," I coughed "well it'll be fine, we're really good at our job" I motioned towards the dead flowers laid along the window sill.

"I know y/nn but I can't loose this job, I don't want to go back to Romania" he said as he started to pace around the office.

"Ron stop being silly you won't loose your job and you won't have to dance with dragons all day ever again" I laughed as he sat back down in his seat.

I walked over to him and stared down into his eyes.

"I promise Ron" I nodded as I grabbed his hand and we walked to the heads office. As we stood in front of the intimidating door I nervously knocked on the wood - I may not have been as nervous as Ron but by no means did that make the heads office any less scary.