Chapter 3

********

********

As Riddhima closed her eyes feeling the wind at the high point .Everything started running in her mind again .

That lady, that girl and now that unknown man , she didn't knew why she was getting so much concerned but these case studies were not at all her thing; she was too emotional to be a psychologist but she was adamant to be one .

She has to become one . That's it . She looked up at the sky .
Slowly - slowly the stars have begin to appear , today there would be no snowfall for sure . She looked at her watch it was already 7 and the sky had turned black . She decided to return , she walked down the hill and came back to the route.

Walking down the turn and she looked at the tea stall with the hope that the man would be sitting there but it was empty as usual.
A single bulb was glowing and the shop was also closed .

She took out her phone to glow the torch as the street lights were not on, but the battery was dead.

She looked around and it gave her an eerie feeling.

"Return by the dark ." she remembered Pihu words but she was too late to remember that now.

An unknown fear creept her heart ,she had travelled this route a thousand time but never alone and she slowly walked down the road.

Her pace was very slow , her eyes investigating each and every moment around . She was very careful and walking down the road quitely when she noticed that someone was behind .

She kept moving , what to fear she calmed her heart. Until she noticed that the men were actually following her . She turned and looked at a group of men coming towards her.

And now she felt why Pihu asked her to return before dark, this darkness adds fear even to the unknown things. She increased her pace , the home was not too far. But they were no slow, they walked even faster and in no time they were beside her .

She took a quick look at them and then turned her head ignoring her bouncing heart.
"Home is here...." She calmed her heart.

"Where are you going lady ,don't you think it's quite dark." One of the man spoke smirking.
She ignored his words and continued to walk .

"You want us to drop you some were." They laughed.

Riddhima downed her head and increased her pace only to stumble in another man standing in front of her .

She looked up and her heart skipped a beat.
"You...."
She felt a unknown courage and she looked at the group of men with a quickery eye.

She was not alone anymore. He was the same unknown man she was looking since yesterday.
Ok, ok, she don't know him but whatever she is no more alone at that the point.

The group of men looked at the man and then continued there walk .

Riddhima smiled unknowingly at that man and remembered something , she looked for the packet in her bag.

The man was however unaware of what was going on and he walked away by her side.

"Hey Mister, wait....." She came running to him.

" this is for you",
She handed him the packet and that man looked at her .

"Oh... I mean ............... this is Shimla and you need this ."

The man looked at the coat and then at her with disinterest and started walking.

"Hey wait can't you listen to me."

The man stopped and looked back in frustration.

"Please wear it it's very cold. We bought this for you only. You don't know me but I know you, actually even I don't know you but let it be , i have seen you sitting at the tea stall that day and that morning to you walking past my home do you remember I called you........." .
He wondered what this girl was blabbering when he was least interested.

"........so here take it." Riddhima smiled as her never ending speech ended.

The man held the coat blindly and walked away and in no time he disappeared into the fog leaving her alone in that dark road.

She looked at him ," Is he deaf or he is ignoring me." Riddhima shook off her thoughts.
"Why would he ignore me..... But what if he is...." She raised an eyebrow.
"Whatever...".

She walked up to the home and Pihu opened the door.

"Where were you it's so late ..............I told you to return before dark ." She shouted.

" I found that man."
Riddhima spoke. There was a silence for few minutes.

" So now you are happy, now your mother Teresa mode is off........... Finally."
Pihu walked in and jumped on the couch while Riddhima sat near the fire place blankly.

"Riddhi....................."

"He walked away ........" Riddhima looked at the fire.

Pihu took a deep breath.

"Give me a break.....
If he walked away that's his problem...... Man ....... Why you overthink everytime."

Riddhima looked at Pihu but her eyes spoke clear unsurity , an unknown unsurity ...........................

********

Presently , Riddhima looked at the screen infront of her, tears were rolling down her eyes.......................... "25 minutes more ........", The dripping blood was making her drowsy and her head started getting heavy...............................................
They say your life replays before you when it's the call of departure but her life has never been that interesting that she would even remember something for the replay. But since the time he stepped into her life every step looked liked a rollercoaster ride and she smiled remembering her "3 weeks of him ".....................

...............................................

P.S.

From "30 minutes" to " 25 minutes".

Man , this parallel story is getting on my nerves now.
How about you?

And one more question which story is making you more anxious" the story of three weeks "or the "timer of 30 minutes".......