Chapter 12

*******

*******

Pihu and Riddhima walked inside the room . Pihu sat on the couch waiting for her Mr. unknown to wake up while Riddhima slowly opened the curtains and the sunlight came in rushing.
The gloomy atmosphere of the room again turned twinkling as the two smiling faces filled it.

Riddhima went near Vansh and adjusted his blanket when he opened his eyes.

" You are awake, " Riddhima smiled at him.

He turned but Riddhima held him again.

She slowly made him sit and Pihu approched with his shirt,

" Wear this if your fashion show is complete otherwise you will freeze in this cold."
Riddhima looked at her and took the shirt.

" Yes yes help him after all..............." She looked at Riddhima and turned her head as she saw her growing anger.

Riddhima opened the shirt and approched him when her eyes felled on the deep cut on his chest but wait there were not one , they were so many......

His body looked as if stabbed multiple times.

"Vansh what is this" she pointed at the marks. He grew anxious and wrapped the shirt covering up the truth he had hidden till now.

"Nothing these are just common wounds",

" but these many......." Pihu questioned.

He stood up in panic, the pain was forcing him to bed but his mind was above these bodily pains.

The fear he had hidden in himself the , past from which he was running will never leave him and today he was sure of it .

His leg trembled and he felled against the wall but Riddhima held him.

"Vansh please sit." And she made him sit on the chair .

Both of them sat before him in reply to there unanswered questions, but what reply will he give , will he tell them his truth.
No never.

"Vansh please tell us." Riddhima questioned him.

" What's the point of being quite now." Pihu stood up.

"We have been asking the same question since you came can't you answer a simple question what has happened to you that's it."

She held her head in frustration .

"Vansh we are asking something." Riddhima voice was determined this time.

Vansh looked at both . His lips parted but words didn't came . He looked at Riddhima.

" Why you look at her everytime , she stops because she cares for you but you are not caring for yourself........ If you are able to tell a truth then how can we expect that you may recover from it ever........", Pihu spoke in frustration. But he was still silent.

" Either you will tell us today or leave this house right now ." Pihu stood .

Riddhima looked at her but she was not at all in a mood to bear one more moment of silence. Vansh looked at them and then at the door with his dizzy eyes and selected the easy option.

He stood up and walked to the door.

"What are you doing ." Riddhima held the door running across him .

"Wow ..........means this person can leave this house but can't speak out. Great man then go. And go wherever you want ,run and run , spend your whole life running. You may beat others,
But actually you are so weak and coward that you can't fight your own problems. Then what the point of showing your self as a hero infront of the world when in reality you are nothing ."

Pihu eyes were red in anger but Vansh was just unaffected.

He opened the door.
"Vansh....", Riddhima sighed.

"Let him go Riddhi , running away like he has killed someone."
And he turned .

His blank expression changed into a anxious one.

He looked at Pihu and then at Riddhima. Riddhima stepped back.

Why was he so shocked on hearing that ..........

Pihu stood there as if she said something she shouldn't have.

Riddhima sensed that something was wrong and his face, it spoke a totally different story. Her heart shook , no , no I am overthinking....
But ...... And she mustered the courage to speak.

"Ha..ve......... You.........killed.....some...one..." Riddhima's statement and his  eyes downed .

"No", she whispered.

"No Vansh .....", She ran up to him.

"Speak say no ",

"Say no ".

"Yes", he shouted "yes ,yes ,yes, I am a murderer I am a criminal ........
Do you get it I am a murderer and you want to know whom I killed.....................................................
I killed my own family , my own family......"
And he grabbed her shoulder.

"I am a murderer ", his anger has no bound .

Pihu was shocked and looked at him . She never thought he would kill someone but probably he can and for now, sure. His grip on Riddhima , his anger , what if he did something to her.............

" Vansh leave her.........", Pihu ran to her but he was out of control.

" Vansh ........." ,Pihu shouted .

Vansh had no control on himself ,his grip , his wrath , his fear and the regrets everything on the one who was probably the only one , who understood him.

He didn't leave her.............

In panic Pihu took up the case  and blew it at his head.

The case broke into pieces and he felled to the ground loosing his consiousness.

"I.....a..m...a....mud...re....r.". His closing eyes could mutter this only but it was enough for the wrath done.

Riddhima stood there  shocked..... Pihu ran to her.

"Are you ok.....",

She looked at him .

"Riddhima...", She looked at Pihu.

She broke into tears , tears of fear and betrayal.
Yes, betrayal, she was saving life of a murderer a person who killed his own family......

"I was mad to help him Pihu." , She said breaking down in guilt.
Pihu held her.

"I.........",

"Don't ....... ",Pihu stopped her.

And they looked at Vansh who was lying there unconscious.........

*******

Presently , Riddhima's breathe declined, her head felled back to catch the life which was drifting down her body.

That day it was over , it was over for her ............ everything broke but even after breaking it was there and so is she here.... Struggling between her life and death for the one who was done for her , that day.