Chapter 29

*****

*****

Kabir walked into the study while Riddhima peeked through the only window , adjusting the necklace she was asked to carry wisely.
They didn't wait for a long time and finally the man entered and stood in front of Kabir. Riddhima calmed herself , finally , finally her fate won and he was the same killer , actually the so called victim Vansh murdered.

"What's up Mr.dead." Kabir smirked .

How , is this even possible , he was getting punishment of killing someone alive , either Kabir was immensely manipulative or they were profoundly dumb.

"Now you have to become dead for some days again." Kabir expression changed.

"That case has been up again and now I can't take any risk , you diappear for few days and once that Vansh is done with his misfortune , you will be called." Kabir walked to the door.

"Boss, I did so many murders for you atleast my paycheck should have some more zero , what do you think.",

Kabir turned and walked up to him , " Although I hate people who try to double cross me but ok , you are different case...", Smirking he took out the checkbook.
"Ok, so name me and I will increase the zero." He laughed.

"Vansh's family.....", The man spoke .
"Ok, three zeros." ,
" The police men who denied to change the reports ",
"Four.",
"The chairman who threw the spam case on you .",
Kabir smirked ," five .....",
"The official who wanted to support Vansh...",
"Six..... Not bad not bad....",

Riddhima's eyes brodened , as he look how easy it was for him , like how can he even laugh at that..

"And the most important...... Your dad........ When that spam came on you." Kabir smirk changed into a sigh , but it didn't lasted long.

"And there you go seven.",
He threw the check at his face and the man went off smiling.

He looked at the large portrait of his father , the sigh which was probably even visible disappeared,
"Kabir... Kabir....Kabir...why so bad ........", He laughed at himself.

Riddhima stood there freezed "dad" was the word. No , but he committed a suicide , she looked at him , although this feeling has never crossed her mind , now she felt that , fear , he could do anything , offcourse she had always underestimated him. Her heart skipped a beat as she replenished whatever she heard.
She backed in restlessness when her hand stumbled into the vase breaking it.

She came out of her thoughts and eloped to the garden aisle. Kabir came out rushing and looked at the vase.
"Somebody was here ....." He rushed to the hall.

"Were is that assistant." His eyes grew red.

"Guards...." He shouted .

"Search for that assistant in no case she should leave ..",

He wiped off the sweat and walked to the garden hiding his stress which was visible on his face probably for the first time.
He barely had walked into the garden when he saw Riddhima  talking to Pihu , she turned and smiled as Kabir came in.

Kabir looked at Pihu.
"She...".
"Yeah actually you didn't came for so long so I called her I was getting bored no...."
Kabir changed his expression.

"No actually it was some work ." He smiled and approached Riddhima.

"I should leave now , I was waiting to bid you a bye." Riddhima stood up but Kabir held her hand .

"Stay...." He spoke.
How can someone be so double faced like how........ Riddhima looked at Pihu in frustration, she turned to him .

"We will meet soon no."
Kabir gripped her hand more tightly.
"Stay please.", And before the chances of this escape could totally vanish , the phone rang .

"Ma'am it's your mom." Pihu handed the phone to Riddhima quickly.

"Ok meet you tommorow at the hearing." Riddhima smiled freeing her hand from his grip and walked out taking a deep breath.

"Yes mom.",
Last time she thought calling mom would be more dangerous but now she wispered a quiet thank before she could start with her necessary lies. Today she became her escape...
"I was about to come in winter vacation but we were handed more assignments so I have to come to Mumbai again."
"No no don't worry Pihu is with me and we will complete it by tommorow." Riddhima smiled at Pihu.

The door opened as Advait looked at them with tense eyes,
"It's so late...... Did ...... Did you got something..", he quietly spoke.

Riddhima and Pihu's face were glowing in smile , after a long wait finally those tears were replaced by that raw smile.

"Kabir himself admitted of killing Vansh's family and not only this he had killed his own dad for saving himself......", Riddhima's voice had clear hatred ," He can't be a human".

"Tommorow is his last day." Pihu spoke.
"Finally...... show me the video.", Advait exclaimed.

Riddhima took out her necklace and handed it to him , taking it carefully he  plucked out the camera.............................................

And it was hollow , he stood up.
"Where is the camera.....",
His eyes were filled with horror.
"What...", Pihu looked at the necklace.

Riddhima narrowed her eyes , no, ok he is joking , she stood up and took the necklace in hand , she turned it holding her heart but it was of no use it was actually , hollow , the necklace slipped off her hands and she sat down holding her head.
"Did you drop it ?", Pihu held Riddhima. She remained quiet.

Pihu and Advait looked at each other and then at the case file which was to be presented tommorow in the court.

Tears rolled down Riddhima's eyes quietly as all the hopes faded away. They were slapped with defeat when they just about to win .

She stood up slowly and walked to washroom, opening the shower , she stood under it . Ok, if it was her first mistake but she , she is bent on making Vansh suffer , she hated herself to the core of her heart , the running water could not calm down her wrenching heart. Tommorow is the hearing and what are they going to do , let him die...... She wanted it , that's it, probably but after that she knew she also would die as a criminal , criminal who.................... Her mind shrank in stress of tommorow.

What not she did , allowed  herself to be touched by the hands of that homicide and then........... she rubbed her skin to swipe off every touch of disgust she beared , but the disgust within her soul could not be washed even by those tears which felled unknown under that running water.

"Vansh...........".
She felled to the ground uttering his name.
"Vansh.........".

Kabir walked to his study smiling when he saw the broken vase.

"Servant.... Clean this up." He shouted . The servant came running and started picking the bits when he noticed something .
Picking it up he stood.

"Sir ..... This..",
Kabir took the thing in his hand and examined it.

" Camera......" , His eyes brodened, his eyes growing red in rage , calming himself , he slowly slipped it in his pocket .
"Why people try to evoke the demon in me , do you know...", He smircked at the servant .

*******