Chapter 6

********

********

Two days passed since the incident but that man never came. Riddhima and Pihu have given up the hope on that man.
Waiting and waiting was the only option and this won't work.

They went to the hospital to register patient for there case study.

It was afternoon when they returned and settling out the things for the assignment , they went to the garden for a tea break.

"The case of Mrs. Rene is actually good."
Pihu exclaimed.

Riddhima quietly nodded.

"What do you think....", Pihu tried to distract her.

She looked up and then at Pihu.

".... we needed someone we could heal , she already recovered person and she would be discharged in very few months.................. I thought this assignment to be more than an assignment ............but we have to settle it at this only." She sipped the tea settling the cold down in that warmth.

"Ok don't be sad now................... you tried your best if he don't want help what can we do. " Pihu  tried to cheer her up.

Riddhima nodded , affirming herself to accept what she never wanted.

Some noises were heard outside house. Riddhima and Pihu looked at each other and stood up. They rushed to the door and opened it. As they came out a crowd was gathered a few meters away from there home while a man was lying unconscious on the road. Someone  was calling the ambulance , someone the police station while others stood there looking at him, 'habitually'.

Riddhima and Pihu ran up to him , no wonder he was him only. Blood running down his forehead , frail body and disturbed face.

"God..........." Riddhima sat down  patting his face . " How............ this........".

With the help of the crowd they took him in and laid him on the bed , pressing a cloth to his bleeding head , Riddhima called the doctor while he laid there unconscious in the same coat he had thrown at her that day.

Pihu came following the doctor and with the medical kit. The doctor examined him for a while and dressed his wounds. Noting down the the medicines on a paper , he  checked the drip and slowed it.

Putting the pen to his pocket, he walked up to Pihu and Riddhima.

" The patient was unconscious because of starvation...... and this cold climate was also new to him .......... he needs care for now
Make him eat the food properly and take medicines on time ................ The head injury is not that much its due to  tumbling down on the road , it will get heal........... but ......" The doctor paused for a second...." he has many wounds was he in some accident before........".