VI. 15

She told him everything

She told him everything. She told him about her council, the people she was recruiting, and everything he had missed whilst he was fixing the vanishing cabinet. Everything except for the prophecy. 

He would try to find a way out. He would try to stop her. But what he did not understand was that she would do it all for him. Everything she had done thus far was to protect Draco Malfoy. And he would not understand it because he was the same. He did everything to protect Morrigan Gaunt. Looking at them, you could almost see the same side of the same coin. They are equals. 

"I love you, Morrigan Gaunt. You are my everything. Even if darkness envelops me, I claim you. To whatever end", Draco said, pressing his forehead to hers. 

"To whatever end", affirmed Morrigan, settling for a chaste kiss. 

It was as if the war was a blur behind them when they were together. It had been a mere two weeks from the battle of the astronomy tower. 

Word was that Bill Weasley was alive and well. She let out a breath she did not know she was holding when she first met Remus at the Morrigan. Inside, Rufus Scrimgeour drank his tea along with the morning paper Remus had brought. 

Yes, he was alive. He had gone into hiding. Morrigan and Remus worked on the protection charms. The Morrigan was untraceable and only open to those with a real use to it. It was old magic, even older than herself. 

Her time at the Malfoy Manor wasn't any better. She had to constantly poise and pretend everything was well. She had to endure one of the greatest pains she had ever encountered. And that was Draco Malfoy's innocence flash from his eyes. It had faded away. The hint of the tiniest blue on his grey orbs was gone. 

Professor Charity Burbage had done it. Voldemort had done it. 

She shuddered at the memory. 

Draco kept reminding her that he was alright. She never did believe that. She saw the bloody flesh on his forearm, where he was trying to rip his mark out, even if it meant scratching and burning his own skin. She could not bare see him in any pain. 

It was why she was at the Morrigan today. 

She delicately wrote down the location of every Horcrux. She needed to hunt them down. She could not do it herself, and there was no way she was going to leave Potter in charge of it. Potter might be brave, but Gryffindors like him were reckless. Too reckless for this mission. She needed precision, execution, and inconspicuousness. 

She had a plan. And she was going to enjoy seeing the surprise in everyone's eyes. She had a plan. One that no one knew about. 

Because sitting right in front of her was Regulus Arcturus Black. 

When she had first gone to retrieve the locket, he had found him barely alive, trying to still protect the locket. It had been 15 years, and he still protected would not let anyone retrieve the locket. She had gotten him out a year before Dumbledore and Potter had their little endeavor.