III. 4

Mala and Seamus were livid

Mala and Seamus were livid. Draco had taken the liberty to write to his father, which immediately informed my guardians. They sent her a rather extensive letter, reminding her again of her bloodline. They said that she wasn't acting like a Slytherin and even insinuated that Morrigan was meddling with half-bloods like Potter. 

She was seething quite literally. She was mad at Draco, but even more at herself. After she left the infirmary the bronze-haired boy did not even try to hide his questions. 

She finally sat down with Cedric and told him her every flaw, to her parent's death, to her gentle upbringing, to her connection to Voldemort, and her understanding. 

Cedric paled at the information but continued to pry on the matters. 

"So you are telling me, you've never celebrated Christmas, or you have never been anywhere for Summer. Wait, you don't even celebrate your birthday, when is it even?", he tried to understand. 

"July 31, 1980. No, I told you, they never allow Aidan or me to have gifts, or even give gifts to people, and yes I don't go out in summer. I usually go out to the library at the heart of Ireland to read or buy more books. They say friends are a sign of weakness and can be used against you-"

"And apart from that, Malfoy proposed an understanding to you, and you said no why?"

"Cedric, you heard it. Don't think I know you are a complete gossip. You heard my whole conversation. No, I just can't be held on. I feel already so tied down with everything-"

"So, you are saying that you want to be free from everything? Free from your family burdens, free from your bloodline?-", he asked. 

"Would you let me bloody finish? My passion is deeply rooted with making my parents proud and honoring my bloodline, but sometimes I want to be free, I don't think a man dictating my life is exactly freeing. You know, I just feel like, women, they have minds, and they have souls, as well as just hearts. And they've got ambition, and they've got talent, as well as just beauty. And I'm so sick of people saying that love is just all a woman is fit for. I am Morrigan Gaunt Lynch. I have quite literally the two strongest bloodlines coursing in my veins, I don't want to be seen as the girl who is under an engagement with the only Malfoy heir. I don't want to be seen because of Malfoy, I want to be seen as myself", she said, pulling the roots of her onyx locks and talking exasperatedly. 

There. She said it. She finally said it. 

Cedric studied her. Before she could even finish her rant, Cedric had his arms around her in an embrace. 

"You will never be seen as a mere Mmes. You are so much more than just an engagement. You will be so much more than a Malfoy. And that is that. You know your worth. You know your ambition. Morrigan, I've never met someone that doesn't stick to a background, or that doesn't care for anyone else's opinion like you. You are your own person, and you'll never be taken from it. A man will never dictate you, even if you are in an understanding, I think in your case it will be quite the opposite, don't you think?