III. 9

The cadre of thirteen were informed of the situation

The cadre of thirteen were informed of the situation. Blaise was fuming that the pair didn't take him or that they had done it so silent. 

"Damn you and your self-sacrificing complex, one could mistake you for bloody Gryffindor's you blithering idiots! By Merlin's bead, you could have been mangled by the bloody werewolf, or-"

"Zabini, don't worry, this gorgeous face isn't going anywhere", answered Draco drily 

"By gorgeous face I hope you meant Mor, because-"

"Don't finish that sentence if you want to be buried alive", glared Draco.

She then had to reveal the unavoidable truth. 

"Lupin is our spy for the order. It's a long story. He made a promise to my mother to keep me safe. We can trust him. He understands why we are doing this. By the way, this summer, I will plan every bit I can. I will divulge small parts. For now, be on the look out for information. Maybe your parents will be acting secretive. Whatever it is, find out and report", she said. 

There it was. She was the voice of business and strictness. She almost didn't want to call orders. They were just thirteen year old children. They should be enjoying Hogwarts, and not being wrenched from a childhood because of Voldemort. 

She did not know what it meant to have a childhood. She didn't have one. 

"If you excuse me, I must catch Professor Lupin before he goes. I'll see you at dinner!", she said, trekking the stairs to the great hall. 

She reached Lupin's office meanwhile he talked to Potter. She waited outside the door just momentarily. Harry sprouted from the office and eyed her quizzically. 

"What are you doing here, Mor? I didn't peg you for the type to be around here, considering the circumstances", he started. 

"Considering the circumstances that a man is resigning to a job he wonderfully does because of a curse that was bestowed upon him with no choice? No, I am. If you excuse me, I must get through-"

"Why do you act like that?", he questioned. 

She eyed him and clicked her tongue. 

"Like what exactly, Potter?"

"Like if you are completely made out of ice. I've seen you, Morrigan. You are not like them. You are not like Malfoy, Flint, or Zabini. You care for people and you want to genuinely help. I don't get why you sit there with them, you are worth more than that", he said, taking her wrist. 

She unseethed her wrist from his grasp. 

"Potter, whether you like it or not, I will forever be a Slytherin. My methods of getting things done is not as chivalrous as yours. My loyalty is with my friends. With those people who will accept me as I am, for those people who will treat with my worth. I do care for people, but its not your people or your reasons, so I won't ask again, move", she said, pushing past the boy.