IV. 16

"Wand?"

"Wand?"

"Check"

"Knife?"

"Check"

"Dignity and honor?"

"Blaise. I'm a second away from murdering you", seethed Morrigan as Blaise Zabini ushered her to get everything for the third task. It was today. 

She had prepared herself for this. She was going to win. If Voldemort planned to have his return today, she was to protect Cedric, Krum and Fleur. She trusted Harry could hold it off on his own. 

Draco snorted from beside her and kissed her forehead. They were already making themselves to the quidditch pitch were the maze will take place. The quidditch field in which she shared cherished memories. Her first taste of victory. Her first taste of Draco's intoxicating lips. She wouldn't have believed anyone if they told her it would be the place of her first heartbreak too. 

Morrigan was dressed in her quidditch attire that Aidan had given her. The pure black dragonhide. Daphne had adorned it with emerald siphons and silver holsters for her wand and knife. She looked like she was readying for battle. It certainly wouldn't be the last. 

She exhaled and stepped into the Quidditch field. The first people she spotted were Aidan, Mala, Seamus, Lucius and Narcissa standing in the champion's tent along with Amos Diggory, the Weasley's and, Fleur and Krum's parents. She shuddered when she examined the parents of known death eaters. Mor could make out Crabbe, Goyle, Flint, Pucey and Nott's parents. Hopefully no others were there. She knew from that moment, he was to return today. 

She was pinched by Draco who gave her a questioning look. She shook her head and stepped along with the rest of the champions. 

"Mor. If something happens today, I don't care about the victory, just please, please come back safe for me. I need you by my side like a King needs his Queen. I love you, be safe", he said, kissing her lightly. 

In the corner of her eye she could see Narcissa smile and wave. Her eyes inspected Dumbledore's, only to find Remus standing with him, chatting vividly. His soft brown irises connected with her and he sent a nod. Stay safe, Morrigan. 

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory, Ms. Gaunt and Mr. Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum and finally, Ms. Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round", he said, eyeing Harry and her. 

She held her head high, the black locks almost camouflaging with her black suit. She eyed Aidan for an instant and he nodded. Make us proud, Morrigan.