IV. 11

After the first task, she received remarks and claps

After the first task, she received remarks and claps. All from her house. Draco gripped her and kissed her as if it were their last day. Not that she minded that. Gryffindor had been sour, but even the infamous red-headed twins had congratulated her. They had heard from their older sibling that indeed the Gaunt girl wasn't all that bad. 

She had received praise from even those she didn't believe possible. Marcus Flint, her coach was very glad she had won, throwing a party for her that same night. Cedric was adamant about going, but he ended up inside the snake pit. Blaise was the one for the job. He offered the shy badger enough to losen his tongue. To say the least, Draco accompanied Morrigan to leave a limp Cedric into his common room. This implied a glaring Draco trying to keep the bronze-haired boy upright and Mor laughing at his dismay and horror. 

Snape, like McGonagall, had his house practicing their ball room dance. He knew the Slytherins were taught since childhood how to glide and dance gracefully. He instructed Filch to put the lovely tunes and commanded their house to train. 

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representitives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance.

He felt with a sweep of his robes, leaving everyone behind. 

"Care to join me, Mor?", asked Draco. She grinned and took his outstretched arm. They were the first pair on the ball floor. They elegantly glided. Their movements like fluid. It was graceful. 

He dipped her and she grinned at him. She clutched his shoulder and his outstretched hand. With one nod he turned her in a circle. Her robes fanned around her as her back was pressed into his chest. 

She heard Blaise whistle suggestively, and she stood on the tip of her toes, glaring at him. Soon, Daphne and Theo followed, Millicent clutched a groaning Marcus Flint. She nudged Draco to inspect the sight. 

It seems that the unbreakable Quidditch Captain had finally been warmed up by the unyielding and fierce Millicent Bulstrode. She smiled and pressed her face on Draco's shoulder. 

Just like she had broken her walls to let him in. Her light. He was her light. 

She continued to grip his shoulder and he connected their foreheads. He smiled lovingly and traced her waist, almost making her knees shake in content. 

"So, want to meet me at the astronomy tower past curfew today?", Draco whispers. She shudders and nods, brushing her lips with his. 

Later, after the hour passes, someone hijacked the music and it blared with modern music, one she could recognize as the Weird Sisters. 

Infront of her Draco jokingly moved along. She laughed at his antics and he glared back, with a laugh behind of his eyes. 

"What? I've been doing my steps. I've been working my feet. See?", he says, swinging his arms and feet wildly. She stiffles a giggle and watches him.