VII. 12

Morrigan had long since woken up

Morrigan had long since woken up. Aidan had ordered the wizards treating her in Mungo's to have a hospital room at the Malfoy Manor where she was to stay. 

Draco had never left her side. 

It was a long recovery from the scars on her back. She had to learn how to stand up straight without flinching. 

Draco was there to help her dress. The eventual shirts she put had sent fire among her back as they webbed with her fresh scars. 

"It's alright love, I know it hurts, just reach this for me", cooed her fiance as she had to stretch her back for her therapeutic physical exercises. 

She groaned and hissed. Whatever that whip had done to her, she was still suffering some spasms and effects. 

"That's it, Mor. Madame Fenrill says you need to do this more. One more month is all. One more month of rest", he tried. 

Lies. It had been two whole months since the war. 

In those two months, the world knew of their name. They knew what they had done and sacrificed for them. 

The Emerald Warriors. 

The Real Slytherins 

Salazar's Pride. 

The cadre had a lot of names around the globe. Daphne and Theo had managed to secure alliances from whole countries with England. 

Draco had been elevated to Vice-Minister, soon going to replace Newt as they transitioned to a new government. 

As for Morrigan, Regulus Black had taken her place as Chief Wizard for the moment. 

Everyone was doing something of use, but she was there bedridden still. It hurt her to her very core. She was supposed to be there with them. Instead, she just saw articles after articles that questioned her whereabouts. 

Even Harry Potter had visited her. Draco stood at the corner of the room inspecting his every movement. 

"Mor, I am so sorry. This shouldn't have happened. Not to you. Everything is running smoothly. The Auror Department is thriving and capturing rogue death eaters. The Malfoy and Lynch names have been completely cleared. The Black name too. We haven't inaugurated the new government nor the new Slytherin statue—", his ranting was cut off by a sob. 

Draco peered closer. 

He shook his head. The situation was not getting any better. 

He sauntered closer to the bed as Morrigan's sobs racked the room. 

"I'm sorry—I tried not to. Hey, Mor. It's fine. I don't know-", he tried to fix it. 

Draco scoffed and sent him out of the room. He neared her bed and sat at her feet, waiting for her to let it all out.