VII. 15

Narcissa Malfoy gripped her shoulders as Morrigan momentarily passed in and out of consciousness

Narcissa Malfoy gripped her shoulders as Morrigan momentarily passed in and out of consciousness. She had called for Lucius Malfoy who appeared next to them, levitating the woman to Draco's room. Their daughter-in-law. 

They always knew they would end up together. The pair was inseparable and both Lucius and Narcissa were happy to include her as family. Narcissa loved the woman as her own child. 

"I'll go fetch Draco", said Lucius, ready to cast his Patronus. Instead, Narcissa brought down his wand and shook her head

"Lucius, call for Madame Beauchamp please", she sighed in contempt. 

"But her doctor is Madame Fenrill. Shouldn't we be calling her instead?"

"My dear, it's fine. I just need to confirm a theory", she smirked. 

Morrigan awoke in an instant clutching the bed. Narcissa opened the door with another witch on tow. 

"Mor, glad to see you are awake. This is Madame Beauchamp. She's specialized in magical fertility and birth. She is going to run some exams", stated Narcissa. 

Morrigan gasped and clutched her stomach. It was too early. She did not want to be like Mala Lynch. She refused to grow into that.

"Now, Ms. Gaunt. An honor to treat you. I've been employed by the Black family ever since I remember. I need you to tell me, when did you ever felt that when apparating?", she sat down with a notepad. 

Morrigan was flabbergasted. She was so focused on her work and Draco that she never gave a second thought to how she felt. 

It had been a month since she had felt a funny feeling on her stomach when she apparated. What she loved to eat now felt queasy. She also remembered her late-night endeavors in the kitchen with Draco. It all made sense now. 

"It's Mrs. Malfoy now. Since a month ago. My cycle also....", she trailed, "everything. The cravings, nausea. It's all there. Just, please. Do the spell", she urged. 

The healer fazed for a second, she had never met someone who urged her like this. She nodded and started to create the spell. 

Morrigan stared at Narcissa. A silent petition for her to wait outside. 

The healer continued with her assesment. She recited the spell until there was a shining white orb in front of her. It confirmed all theories. Made Morrigan draw a breath. 

She was not ready. She was not ready to be a mother, raise a child with her and draco. her breath labored. She could not be ready. She knew Daphne and Theo were trying. But never her. She never had maternal instincts.

 She was not raised as flowers and peonies, she was raised with ragged edges of silver and venom. 

"Mrs. Malfoy I need you to confirm that you know the meaning of this. You are six weeks pregnant. Were you trying already or...", she trailed seeing a troubled Morrigan.