IV. 7

Morrigan sat next to Draco for the dinner

Morrigan sat next to Draco for the dinner. Of course, the two remaining schools divided into the houses they found most fitting. Beauxbatons remained mostly on the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables whereas the Durmstrang delegation sat on the Slytherin or Gryffindor table. Spotting the pair from afar Victor Krum and his friends sat across them. 

Daphne eyed them rolling her eyes. She muttered under her breath. 

"Merlin, those hats are an assault on the eyes. Seriously, it looks that they have dead raccoons on their head", says Daphne to her. 

She choked a laugh and eyed the man in front of her. Victor Krum. 

He stared at her intently. She was growing uncomfortable. Draco eyed Krum and engaged him in a conversation. 

"So, you are the famous Morrigan Gaunt Lynch?", asks Krum. 

She raised her head and smirked. She was going to make him remember her. Not particularly liked, but remembered. 

"Yes, this is she. Why do you ask?", she returned. 

Blaise choked in his drink. He smirked and raised the glass to his lips. 

"Well, I heard you are quite the Quidditch legend here now, care to test that?", he said, raising an eyebrow. 

Her smirk grew. She raised an eyebrow in return. 

"Well being the first female on the team doesn't mean that I have privileges. No need to test that, I guess my cousin showed you enough for both", she said. 

"Oh, yes I remember. The seeker from the Irish team. Aidan Lynch right. I must remind you, that I caught the snitch", he said, crossing his arms and laying them on the table. 

"Aidan Lynch didn't play seeker that day. You see, a chaser got hurt, and he filled in for his teammate. Even though you caught the snitch, they still won. Guess my cousin proved enough for me", she shrugged. 

She saw the man in front of her grip the cup in annoyance. Draco stared back and forth and smirked. 

"Krum, I wouldn't mess with her, she takes challenges to heart", says Theo. 

"My apologies, Morrigan, I didn't know that, but perhaps you can show me your skills. How about tomorrow at night at your pitch? You and me", he said. 

Blaise choked. Daphne used her hand to palm his back and glared at the boy who was laughing like there was no other care in the world. 

Mor purposely picked up her goblet with her right hand. The ring gleamed on her annular finger. She smirked and turned to Draco. 

"It'll be such a shame if I beat you in front of your friends, wouldn't it?", said Mor, leaning into the table. 

"Mor, love, don't scare him off. He just got here", said Draco, whispering in her ear and flinging an arm around his shoulder.