IV. 17

Draco ran as fast as he could

Draco ran as fast as he could. His father told him everything. Narcissa had a hand on her mouth, letting dry sobs rack her body. Lucius could only hold her tight. 

Draco ran. He bulleted towards the common room. 

Blaise and Daphne were already there. Daphne had been crying while Blaise was silently cursing under his breath. Theodore looked at his best mate with a solemn look. Draco was about to say something when Professor Snape entered the snake pit. 

"Morrigan is well-tended on her wounds. She was found inside her chamber by Ms. Greengrass. Ms. Gaunt is in the hospital wing, with several sleeping draughts inside her system. I can only hope that one of you will be there once she wakes up. I presume Mr. Malfoy", he says. 

Then he turns to Draco and motions him to follow outside. Draco let out a breath and followed the Slytherin house head. 

"Mr. Malfoy, you have to understand that what Ms. Gaunt has gone through was a traumatic experience, even more for her than Potter. I know your father informed you of what happened in the graveyard. Mr. Diggory's body is currently being transported as we speak. We found this. It is addressed to you and Ms. Gaunt. I hope it brings any console to her. Voldemort must not know she's in this state. It is your job to make her presentable", Snape says, already clutching Draco's shoulder. 

Draco nods and opens the letter addressed for him. He sighs and thinks of the boy he knew his girlfriend was friends with. He was a good friend for her. One that was emotionally connected to her. 

Draco Malfoy, 

Take care of my best friend for me. If you are reading this, my death has been untimely indeed. Never doubt Morrigan's theories. Even if she thinks of something, I know better that they will happen. I couldn't let her face this on her own. 

She is going to need your help to move on. Walk that dark path with her back to the light. Be her beacon. Find her amongst the dark. I know it'll be hard. If you truly love her, you will do this for her. 

Tell her to live. To live every moment of her life. That is the greatest revenge she can get for me. Be there for her, Malfoy. Marry her. She loves you. 

The Badger friend, 

Cedric Diggory. 

Unshed tears burnt his eyes. Morrigan's letter looked more extensive. He let out a breath and walked back to the infirmary. He could see Potter looking solemnly at Morrigan. His face had been littered with disgust, to pain, to despair and finally with sympathy. 

He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and bolted to her side. He held her hand, littering small kisses to her palm. Even in her sleep, she had a troubled expression in her face. 

Potter looked back at him and glared. 

"Your father was there. He didn't help her. You don't care about her, Malfoy. She saw her best friend die and she was forced to kill both her uncles to prove Voldemort's loyalty. You'll never understand her pain-", he started, leaning on to the bed for support.