IV. 2

"Morrigan Gaunt Lynch! How dare you pose like that? How dare you tarnish your family name?! You are a respectable woman, not a scarlet harlot! We shouldn't have let-"

And so the howler projected Mala's screech next day. 

She couldn't care less, honestly. 

Skeeter wanted a suggestive frame, and both Slytherins delivered. As promised, they made the headlines next day. Narcissa was a bit astounded to say the least. She approved of Morrigan, but the picture just made her see that her little boy was growing and soon would leave with a respectable and smart pureblood woman on his side. 

The interview had brought tears to her face. She didn't have to read it to know her only son harbored strong feelings from the Gaunt girl. Since he pestered her to retrieve her, she knew that  Morrigan held his affection. 

Then she saw their distinct touches and comforts, that screamed affection and love. It reminded her of her relationship with Lucius at Hogwarts. 

"Mor, are you awake? Mum says she wants you to get ready with her for the cup. Mor?", Draco, said opening the door timindly. 

Morrigan sat in the study of her room, examining a book with a smile in her face. 

Draco peered and smirked at the title, placing an arm around Mor. 

"So, I see you liked my suggestion, I told you that Shakespeare is bloody amazing. Othello, huh? Try A Midsummer Night's Dream next. You'd like it", he says, delivering a small brush of his lips to the side of her head. 

She sighed and leaned into him. 

"Mala is fuming because of the picture. Aidan sent me a letter, that after the game we are invited to the players box. Oh, and Shakespear, I have to tell you, Romeo and Juliet does it for me. Sure, I'm sure Cissa wants to see what Mala sent me. I don't want to keep her waiting", she said, standing up. 

Draco held her hand and looked solemnly into her eyes. 

"Look, father just told me this. I was downstairs and he summoned me to his study. Something is happening tonight at the cup with old death eaters. He called it a riot and cleansing of sorts. He hinted they would attack muggles. We won't be touched, but we can't be in the middle of the melee when this happens. Whatever happens, you stay with me", he says. 

She eyed the boy who looked disheveled. His grey orbs had bags underneath, and he was paler than usual. He was also planning. His mind worked exactly like hers.

"Draco, what are you thinking? I promise I want to help you", she says, brushing her thumb along the back of his hand. 

He sighs and slumps into the ottoman near her bed. 

"I'm thinking about how when he comes back he's going to summon my father. I've seen his mark getting darker, and its starting to sting. I notice it, you know? He tries to hide it. You are the only one save from that marking, the rest of us aren't. It's a hazard I'm willing to take if it means for you to be close with him and not risk your position. I-I just. Everything will happen soon. It feels like we aren't children anymore-"