VI. 3

Regulus Black would have easily been Morrigan's first ally. Their minds worked just as if they were one. In the journal she beheld, he scribbled thoughts and plans, just as she did with hers too. 

Inside were not only his plans but his thoughts too. His immaculate thoughts that he never got to put into play because death took him away too soon. He would have changed the world. He should have. 

"August 3rd, 1978

Sirius left Hogwarts with his friends. He never looked back. Why would he? He left the prison but did not even bother to leave the door unlocked for me to escape too. My last year at Hogwarts is my last chance to get what I want once and for all. 

I know where he hid it. He used Kreacher this summer to place the locket on the basin. I will destroy him. With my mother and father gone, I am the only one to uphold the true Black name. I'll be sure that people will remember that behind that same name,  a cunning folk saved the world from him"

Oh, Regulus. It pained her heart that a man with such conviction and dreams died without recognition. He deserved everything. He should be renowned as a war hero. 

Morrigan sat in the study looking over the journal. There were so many plans he left unfinished. Some plans that can benefit her right now. She looked up at the skies and closed her eyes, looking just beside the Orion constellation. 

Regulus, the brightest star from the Leo constellation. She pressed the journal into her chest, already feeling an attachment to the man she did not even know. She admired him. Admired the way his mind seemed to work and his ambition. 

She was going to rattle the stars for him. Because he deserved it. 

Not only did she read the journal entries but she saw what Regulus Black planned all along. 

The replica had been laced with a blood curse. 

If anyone were to touch with bare hands the locket, the blood curse would work away inside their system. 

That is why he planted the clues on Dumbledore's head. 

The journal also went on about a certain potion that accelerated the blood curse. It made the signs inconspicuous until two months when the curse hits its full effects. 

Regulus was no dimwit. He knew only Dumbledore could defeat Voldemort at the time, so he programmed Dumbledore's untimely death in effect after the war. 

She inspected the ingredients for the potion. Easy enough. It seems that she will have to contact her old potions professor, Severus Snape. 

Morrigan sighed and moved to her bed, where she was finally allowed to rest. She gulped the dreamless potion that Remus had given her and she settled inside the comfort of her duvet, missing the warmth of the certain Slytherin prince next to her.